I got me some snares........

ozz

I've built this collection up over the last 6 years, initially I had the Ludwig Snare in the Chrome wrap and then got another kit with the Pearl Mirror Steel and then bought the Piccalo and that's how it stayed for 10 years until I saw a Chad Snare, and then it went a tad ballistic....................

Animal Custom Drums Birch 14x8

IMG_4221.jpg

Rockett Drumworks/RCI Atomic Bomb acrylic 14x6

IMG_4225.jpg

Pearl Chad Smith Signature Snare 14x5.5

IMG_4218.jpg

Tama Warlord Valkyrie style Maple 13x6

IMG_4211.jpg

Pearl Piccalo Steel 13x3

IMG_4209.jpg

Highwood Paul Brooke Memorial Snare 14x5.5

IMG_4207.jpg

Pearl Mirror Steel Chrome Shell 14x5.5

IMG_4204.jpg

Ludwig Rocker Snare circa 1989 14x6

IMG_4202.jpg

Same Ludwig snare rewrapped with a Remo Vintage batter head

IMG_5127.jpg

Mapex Mayan Steel 14x6

IMG_4266.jpg

DW Neil Peart R30 Starman Edge 14x6

IMG_5070.jpg

Mapex 10th Anniversary Maple 14x6

IMG_5113.jpg

And its younger sister 10x6

IMG_5107.jpg

OCDP Maple Red Sparkle 13x6

IMG_7255sm.jpg

Tama Pat Torpey Signature Brass 14x6

IMG_7272sm.jpg

Animal Custom Drums Maple with White Oyster Wrap 14x6

IMG_7252sm.jpg

Sonor Phil Rudd Signature Steel 14x5

IMG_7740sm.jpg

DW Collectors Series Edge in Black Rain wrap 14x6

IMG_7736sm.jpg

Mapex Maple with Elm Burl and Walnut inner Ply 14x5

IMG_7761sm.jpg

Mapex Saturn Maple with Walnut inner ply in Galaxy Fade Wrap 14x5.5

IMG_7788sm.jpg

Mapex Tribal Steel 14x6

IMG_7791sm.jpg

Mapex Stinger Steel 10x6

IMG_7792sm.jpg

Mapex Orion Exotic 14x5.5

IMG_7785sm.jpg

Animal Custom Drums Birch in Orange Glitter Wrap 12x5

IMG_7783sm.jpg

I have more to follow when I can photograph them

Wow beautiful snares man!
How do you like the Mapex Maple with Elm Burl and Walnut inner Ply 14x5?

Nice collection!!

I see you have an appreciation for custom built snares as well. I have 40 snares at the moment and one of my favorites is from Carolina Drumworks. And i have some high end snares from Craviotto and Joyful Noise etc. Check them out. Jeff is extremely knowledgable. He's currently working on a second snare for me.

Nice...nice...
Now where's the Supraphonic?

holy HECK man! that's quite impressive. those black panters are gorgeous. how does the green acrylic drum sound? that thing looks wicked.

Wow!!!! What a beautiful collection. I gotta ask what is your absolute favorite, or perhaps which do you play most? Or does it change with genre and venue? I would just be overwhelmed with the choices, and it would seem a sin not to play all of em.

Awesome collection man! From looks alone, my favorites were the mapex mayan steel, mapex tribal steel, rewrapped ludwig, DW Edge, and Tama Warlord.

Also if you don't mind me asking, but how much did that atomic bomb snare cost?

Damn and my mother said to me when I went to buy a new snare "You already have 2 I think they are enough"...
Great collection!!!
How does the Rockett Drumworks/RCI Atomic Bomb acrylic 14x6 sound by the way?

Thank you all for your kind words, I really appreciate it, thank you.

I'll try to answer some of your collective questions...........

Wow beautiful snares man!
How do you like the Mapex Maple with Elm Burl and Walnut inner Ply 14x5?

I have that same Mapex Black Panther Elm burl snare too. It's sounds so fantastic! What do you think about it?

I'm a fan of the Black Panther series, more notably the series before the present one. The Maple with Elm burl and Walnut inner Ply sounds superb with the right head on it, at the moment I think it has an Evans Genera HD Dry. It's one of my gigging snares.

Nice collection!!

I see you have an appreciation for custom built snares as well. I have 40 snares at the moment and one of my favorites is from Carolina Drumworks. And i have some high end snares from Craviotto and Joyful Noise etc. Check them out. Jeff is extremely knowledgable. He's currently working on a second snare for me.

Thank you, my collection is just over 30 at the moment. I do love custom snares, but I'm in the process of building my own from custom parts from a builder friend of mine. I'm buying a shell and all the gubbins and gonna build it myself. Separate thred to this one needed me thinks :eek:)

Nice...nice...
Now where's the Supraphonic?

Thanks. Once I get the Supraphonic, I won't need to add anymore snares to my collection so that will be the last snare I purchase....ever :eek:)

holy HECK man! that's quite impressive. those black panters are gorgeous. how does the green acrylic drum sound? that thing looks wicked.

Also if you don't mind me asking, but how much did that atomic bomb snare cost?

Damn and my mother said to me when I went to buy a new snare "You already have 2 I think they are enough"...
Great collection!!!
How does the Rockett Drumworks/RCI Atomic Bomb acrylic 14x6 sound by the way?

The green acrylic snare cost me $500 delivered but that was at a time when the pound was vastly up against the dollar (1.7 USD to 1 GBP) and I got it delivered for under £300 and I bought it directly from Rikki Rockett too. I got in contact with Rikki via a mutual friend (into British motorbikes) and we converesed and Rikki took payment and got it sent to me from the USA.

It sounds really powerful with no overtone to it, just a thwack and that's it. Although I've only ever gigged this with a clear Remo Pinstripe. I used it with a metal band I was once in and one of the guitarists fell in love with it so it was gigged and rehearsed with them for quite a while.

These Atomic Bomb snares occasionally appear on Ebay, I missed a clear one by £10 a few months ago, I would've made that one my gigging snare due to the story behind the green one.

Wow!!!! What a beautiful collection. I gotta ask what is your absolute favorite, or perhaps which do you play most? Or does it change with genre and venue? I would just be overwhelmed with the choices, and it would seem a sin not to play all of em.

I do get overwhelemed with the choice sometimes, but I do only have 8 or so gigging snares.

The Black Rain Edge snare is my trustworthy gigging snare of the moment. I also have a Solid wood Oak stave from DW (not pictured yet) that I adore playing. I'll try and pin it down for you......

Preferred Gigging Metal Snare - Hand Hammered Brass Black Panther (Not Pictured Yet)
Favourite Metal Snare - Tama Pat Torpey Signature Snare (it sounds amazing, can't wait to record with it)

Preferred Wooden Gigging Snare - Animal White Oyster
Favourite Wooden Snare - Toss up between the Maple with Elm Burl and Walnut Inner Ply BP and another BP, Cherry Wood with gold hardware (also not pictured yet)

Overall favourite, has to be the DW Edge snare for all round versatility, and it also works hand in hand with a DW Black Rain popcorn snare (again, not pictured), these two snares are my current gigging line-up.

I do have snares that I can't gig with due to their rarity and price, which is a travesty but I cannot afford to gig them in case they get "lifted", all the Neil Peart snares, the Tama Warlord and the Animal 14x8 Birch as it's more than a one off, its the first of the Artemis line. It was awarded to me for coming up witht he name for a retail range of drums by Animal Custom Drums.

Like I said, more photos to follow, if the sun is out this weekend, I'll make sure I get the camera out.

Cheers

:eek:)

what an awesome collection man!!! And your Mapex 10th Anniversary Maple 14x6 is a piece of jewellery... how does it sound???

Back