Best Double Bass Drum Pedal

I saw Pearl Eliminator and I loved it.It's quite expensive but i would like to have it

It's not really that expensive compared to other stuff on the market. I owe a chain one, I previously owned a cheaper Pearl double bass pedal which had a great set of bearings, and I can feel the difference. It also comes with the 4 cams, though I can only feel a big difference between the Red (my choice) and the others. The other parameters are quite customizable too, so you can set it up just the way you want.

Personally I didn't like the feel of the Axis or the Demon Drive (shaft drive? is that the correct term?), to me it feels like a chain drive or belt drive gets a better "flow" going (not sure how to explain it more technically)

Hi folks, dear drummerd99,

I started with a US-made DW 5002 Turbo some years ago (in the mid-90's). It was really a nice and reliable pedal with smooth action for about ten years. I found it to represent a great trade-off between power and speed, resulting from the lean design. The new DW3002 is quite the same pedal at a really reasonable price.

I've been playing a DW9002 for five years now. I really love the power and strength of the pedal, but is not making me a speed champion. IMHO, the DW9002 is rather for power play, when you need to deliver a serious kick signal. It is well-built, heavy and very reliable, although the quality is only 9 out of 10, I would say. It is very sensitive with a great feel, too, but not the fastest pedal I know. I love the adjustment features, in particular of the cam, but you can really overdo it and spent month with the setting.

I recently checked the topline Axis longboard double pedal, and that was an experience! I mean, they just go automatically. You basically need to look at them and they get off, and I was able to play really precise and fast. Besides the great manufacturing quality I think it is really a metal pedal, with not such a wide application range.

If you go to a store, you shouldn't miss Sonor's Giant Step Pedals. I know it is extremely expensive in the US, but it is in all disciplines state of the art. Sonor doesn't spread too much information about the features, but in terms of quality, versatility, durabilty etc. it is (one of) the best pedal(s) out there. If you have money left under the pillow, you'll need to check it out. I still stick to the DW9002 because the matching 9500 Hi-Hat is so great ;-) But that's another thread.

Hope it helps.

I've got both a Pearl Eliminator and a Mapex Falcon and I love them both. I do have a few issues with the Falcon... which mainly revolve around the fact that I'm quite a hard kicker and often my beater comes flying out of it's position during gigs, so I've moved onto the Eliminator live and it is a true beast! They're both fantastic pedals and choosing between the two is quite difficult.

Independently Owned and Operated Sleishman Drums USA is clearing Omega Series for
$1099.00 for a five piece kit. Sleishman Twin Pedals are reduced from $839.00 to $249.00

Call Marcus ~ 323 652-2544 in Los Angeles

I bought a brand new DW-2000 double pedal. Only cost $160 brand new and it's just as good as any double pedal I've ever played in the $300-$400 range.
I second that. My first and only pedal is a dw 2002 (new, 149 Euros/reduced price). I thought I'd begin with a starter pedal (1 year of drumming). I have tested different pedals in the medium class, including direct drive pedals. They all have their pros and cons but the dw 2002 can do about the same. Before buying this pedal I looked for the 'world's fastest pedal', but obviously, there are several of them, depending on different manufacturer/user statements. I might 'upgrade' to a more fancy pedal, but not before I acquire significantly better (double) bass drum skills which is more a matter of practice than buying this or that pedal.

One pedal hasn't been mentioned yet (at least in this thread) - the Czarcie Kopyto (Devil's Hoof) from Poland:
http://czarciekopyto.com/index.php?lang=en

This pedal seems to be built to an extremely hi-end design, using the best components available and incorporating decent technology. I considered this pedal when I was in the market for my 1st double pedal (I'd like to have another double pedal to have 2 practice setups in different rooms at my home) but bought the dw 2002 instead, as a starter. Unfortunately, the Czarcie Kopyto pedal is distributed directly so there's no way to test it beforehand. This pedal is used by drummers like those with INFERNO and DIMMU BORGIR so it should be up to 300 bpm ;-) My dw 2002 has no direct drive but can do 270 bpm (heel-toe).

i would have to say the best double pedal would be the dw 2002 pedal it sells for 190 but i got it new for 125 at guitar center

Jakester - do you have any idea what you're talking about? The DW2002 is a low-end DW pedal. The 3000 (old 7000), 5000 and 9000 are all above the 2000 in the DW line-up. Sure, the 2002 is cheaper but that doesn't make it the 'best pedal'. It's not even a case of subjectivity; the DW2002 isn't as well made as the higher-end DW pedals.

I owned the DW 9002 for a while this year, ended up trading it for an IC +$150. Loved the action on the 9000 a lot, but the heel plate and hinge design is annoying and uncomfortabe for me. And the adjustments are not very easy to make. Its over engineered a bit. I found adjusting the slave pedal to match the master difficult as well.

The IC I think is a better value overall. Its got great action as well, very smooth and responsive. The adjustments are super easy to make. My only gripe is the heel plate is a bit bulky as well. The IC is $180 cheaper than the 9002.

Both pedals also have bulky cams which make it a bit uncomfortable to use the very top of the footboard. I like using every available inch of the footboard for heel toe.

I used the Yamaha felt beaters on both the 9000 and IC.

I have not owned the Pearl Eliminator or Mapex Falcon yet, but they are on my list. I really want to try the 8000 longboards as well, maybe they can be had at big discounts since the entire 8000 line has been discontinued.

Hello all.

The aforementioned article referenced above has been posted. I interviewed Charles Fisher, creator of the Off-Set double bass pedal, and I think you'll find very interesting what he has to say (at least I did!).

I hope you enjoy it!

Well, I think this kind of pedals are interesting. But i have to say: SONOR offers the middle pedal since some years now and you hardly ever see someone playing them!

I think this pedals have to much parts. Most drummers will have easy handling an less to carry

I have played just about every pedal out there and I LOVE my Eliminators.

I have the double chain double pedal and use the black cams with med-loose spring tension and the beaters about 4-5" back from the head. I like a heavier feel and I'm not a speed demon at all, I like to get a really good 'whollop' into the head.

I would highly recommend the DW 9000 pedal. I don't own one but one of my friend does. I played it and was just amazed by how smooth it was! I own a 5000 double pedal and the 9000 is a big step up from mine. And I love mine

Ive had tama, pearl and dw and when I bought my last one I didnt have the cash so I bought a Dixon double chain drive double pedal to get me by till I could afford another, well its been 10 years now, no problems with the Dixon and when I have thought about replacing it I havent noticed enough of a difference in the other pedals to make me want to spend that kind of cash and if something does happen to it I will probably just buy another Dixon.

heyyy..!!!
plzz..
help me out
i,m a little confused..
tel me
which 1 double bass pedal i shud buy for gr8 speed, smoothness..
1. pearl demon drive
2. axis x-l2
3. trick dominator

plzzzz...
suggest me d best 1...
for thrash metal/progressive/n metal songs...

Well, the answer is... there is no one best pedal. Honestly though I think most would say the Trick. I owned the Demon Drive and traded it for the Speed Cobras because I didnt like the Demon Drive. If all you want is speed though the Demon Drives WILL give you that. They are extremely smooth but way too light for me. I have heard that the Axis feel even lighter which is hard for me to believe. Flo Mounier and Joey Jordison both play Demon Drives, Chris Adler and tons of others play Tricks. You will ultimately have to go check them out and find the ones that feel best to you.

heyyy..!!!
plzz..
help me out
i,m a little confused..
tel me
which 1 double bass pedal i shud buy for gr8 speed, smoothness..
1. pearl demon drive
2. axis x-l2
3. trick dominator

plzzzz...
suggest me d best 1...
for thrash metal/progressive/n metal songs...

I am looking around now too. I "upgraded" to an Iron Cobra about two years ago: what a mistake! The build quality is poor, it squeaks no matter how much I grease it and it cost me 700 swiss francs. I bought a Pearl P122 for half the price to use on my practice kit at home and it is twice the pedal!!!
I am now looking at the eliminator or considering trying the demon. Pearl hardware just seems better quality (IMO!!)

I wouldn't usually get involved in this thread, but I have to say, don't discount the latest Yamaha 8500 & 9500 series pedals. Incredible value for money, super smooth, very well built, & options on chain or direct drive with different cam profile + longboard too. In the UK, they're £250 (under $400 ish), & that's tremendous value. I have a DW500 set & the Yamaha's are better in every respect IMO.

Back