Yamaha Recording Custom in cobalt blue / Deep Aqua

joao3208

Anyone know something about this particular color in the RC line back in the late 80's -early 90's? I have had a hard time digging info about this color. Also, anyone know how long did Yamaha make the Deep Aqua finish? I know it came after the YESS' introduction,... According to my catalogs they stop making these around '99... I ask because I have a kit with this finish made in '94. Pics will follow.

Thanks

Yep, just like those, but without the floor tom. According to what I have gathered mine were made in '94. I have seen some of these sets online all with YESS. I remember a Guitar Center ad booklet with a picture of these in this color around '97. Any idea on when Yamaha introduced these to the market?

They are indeed different colors from different ages, both beautiful finishes maybe about 12-15 years apart. I am inquiring any info on the older Deep Aqua.

I also want some insight on the RC in Cobalt Blue. I know these are Pre-YESS early 90's with some of them assembled in England. I am inquiring about the cobalt blue as well.

Both these finishes are rare as most RC's we see today come in Solid Black or Cherrywood. Do you guys think the rareness in color makes these kits more sought after? Do you guys have a reference such as an older catalog that included these? I have a '99 catalog that still listed RC's availability in Deep Aqua. They also labeled their matching birch snares as 'Birch Custom' same finishes.

Thanks,

The rarest 9000/RC models are the 70's/80's Real Wood finishes in odd sizes (14'' depth, 26'' diamter etc) the 25th Anniversary models, Akira Signature models ad the custom made kits for artists.

They had re-runs of the old colors e a few years ago in Europe:
KU_f.jpg

Deep Blue

375937466.jpg

Stage White (with matching sub-kick)

97A39B95F79D4B428AA54AA9D13F0743_12001.jpg

Real Wood

The rarest 9000/RC models are the 70's/80's Real Wood finishes in odd sizes (14'' depth, 26'' diamter etc) the 25th Anniversary models, Akira Signature models ad the custom made kits for artists.

They had re-runs of the old colors e a few years ago in Europe:
[

Cool kits. I didn't know they re-released a Stage white like that before. I saw somewhere Yamaha re-released the vintage wood finish on RC's but only for Europe.

We just don't see these kits anymore. No doubt Yamaha knew what they were doing when these kits hit the market many years ago.

Anyone know how long did the Cobalt Blue color went on for RC's? Would these colors be easy to sell? I have an acquaintance wanting to buy a cobalt blue kit of of someone. He owns a studio. He is buying them primarily for how they sound when recording but is unsure of the color. Would these colors be easy to sell if he were to sell in the future? My take on it is he would have a hard time to do so. I'd love to have your feedback.

Also, there isn't much info out there for the RA series made in the early 80's... however there is a thread somewhere in the forum where they discuss about the black stained edges. Any of you guys have these kits? Are they that rare?

Back