Modern Equivalent of Remo Legacy LA Head?

HipshotPercussion

I'm one of those guys who, when he finds something he likes, stocks up on it. I still have a box of sticks - Fibes 7a - from the early '90s, for example. And the other day I put the last of my Remo Legacy LA coated snare batter heads on my new Black Magic and immediately heard one hell of an improvement on a drum I'd already thought was perfect.

So today's question is, what's the current equivalent of that head? Because I think it's time to get me a few to use as needed. Anyone know what's close?

Thanks for the suggestion. Neither of those worked for me. Too open and, um, "natural" sounding for my ears.

Tried an Evans Genera HD Dry Batter Coated Snare Head on the drum this morning, though, and I love it. Better than the Legacy LA because the sound is more controlled. The tone is clear and clean, and the sustain is short. Sound variation from the center to the edge is much less than it was before, which lets me concentrate more on rhythm and less on placement.

Besides, I think those tiny little air holes along the circumference are way cool.

Back