Can everyone please explain the meanings of your avatar?

Funny that, we've been studying Foucalt at University as well. 'Death of the Author' and the like in the module.

"What's Going On" with my avatar, you ask? It's Marvin Gaye. (I've actually been meaning to change it for some time, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.)

Why would you do that? It's so appropriate. The lighting in the picture is scarce, and marvin is looking around, almost as if he was, you know... drifting.

I like round bottoms.

Are you ashamed of your love of umphrey's?

Mine is a cropped version of the cover of the soundtrack to Jesus Christ Superstar.

superstar2.jpg

Thanks everyone, this really helps me understand everyone much better, keep them coming.

My 3-year-old son really likes to watch the "Mahna Mahna" video on youtube, and life feels really caddywumpus right not, so I thought that the two went together.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTXyXuqfBLA

However, on the "rate the person's avatar below you" thread, mine got a low score, so I've been contemplating changing it, but without inspiration so far...

I had a slight Metallica craze going on Tuesday night.
But, I do love them so I decided I'd keep it till I find something cooler to change it to.

Great scenes from whatever movie I might be diggin at the time...

i like as i lay dying and skulls and death represent who i am.. its dark and most likely sounds evil but its the truth, death is a part of me unfortunatly

My avatar: Captain Spaulding - House Of A 1000 Corpses & The Devils Rejects. One of the most hysterical characters to grace film. He is everything that I am not and do not have the balls to be.

Mine is of a Rolex Submariner 50th Anniversary watch. Watches are my other life-consuming hobby. My name and avatar are taken from the penchant of formal (i.e. ads, catalogs, etc.) watch photography to have the hands placed at 10:10 for asthetic reasons. I have noticed that my two hobbies are intergalactically connected by, you guessed it, time. Weird...

Why would you do that? It's so appropriate. The lighting in the picture is scarce, and marvin is looking around, almost as if he was, you know... drifting.

Are you ashamed of your love of umphrey's?

Mine is a cropped version of the cover of the soundtrack to Jesus Christ Superstar.

superstar2.jpg
You should really check out Antichrist Superstar, it was a very inspirational album to me and has some of my favorite tracks on it.

Well...

Mine needs little, if no, explanation.

Neil and his Ludwig kit, from the "Presto" album. circa 1989.

Love that kits color, with the purple background!

Don't think I'm gonna change this avatar anytime soon! ;-)

Mine is from a photo shoot we did at my salon for a hair competition I entered. The photographer wanted to capture the whole process, so this is me getting the model ready. I think I am putting her makeup on here.

Mine's a bit player from one of my favorite comics, Pearls Before Swine.

A picture of me surfing ( my other passion ).
Taken from the water. The only way to get this view is to paddle out there !.

Back