Gilbraltar Swing Nut - release date?

Hey guys, so I saw the video on the Gibaltar Swing Nut, and they look amazing. They make setting up so much easier, but I noticed Guitar Center doesn't have them yet.

Anyone know by any chance when they're coming out? Looks like I'll be throwing away my Tama Quick Release ones.

he was referring to this:

swing123_lg.jpg

and it looks freaking amazing.. i'm definitely buying them for ALL my cymbal stands

The swing nut stands have been out for about a year. The swing nut attachement (that converts existing stands to swing nut stands) will be out this spring.

I wouldn't buy it because the diameter of the part showing after your cymbal is mounted...it's too much, I always hit those things when I'm playing high up on the bell. Give me cymbal crowns any day, they're simpler and easier and there are no parts to drop or lose. Just like me.

I wouldn't buy it because the diameter of the part showing after your cymbal is mounted...it's too much, I always hit those things when I'm playing high up on the bell. Give me cymbal crowns any day, they're simpler and easier and there are no parts to drop or lose. Just like me.

Yeah, I'm not sold on these things either. The spring mechanism seems dodgy to me; how do they keep it from "bouncing" when I'm playing the cymbal?

For quick cymbal mounting, I prefer the Vater Slicknut. The Pearl version is nice too, but it has an integrated sleeve, which means it might wear out and need replacing much sooner.

The spring on the Swing Nut is pretty stiff, so it doesn't move when you hit a cymbal.
It works really easily, but the whole thing does look a little cheap--even though it's not going to fall apart, and would have to be really old to ever "hear" any noise from that spring.

The "swing" part of the piece is actually pretty small. Not really any bigger than the felt, but yeah, a Slicknut would take a beating better haha!

Those new attachments will probably start hitting stores in a month.

For quick cymbal mounting, I prefer the Vater Slicknut. The Pearl version is nice too, but it has an integrated sleeve, which means it might wear out and need replacing much sooner.

I use the Pearl device, it's fast and easy. The integrated sleeves on mine have held up great so I wouldn't worry about it. They're cheap enough to replace every 5 years

Back