How Do You Put An MP3 On The Internet?

con struct

Platinum Member
What I mean is just an audio file, a recording, that you can then put a link to on a site such as this so people can play it. Obviously it has to be uploaded to the internet, but where?

I've seen people do this. What you see is a mostly blank screen with the little "line" and you click to the left of that line and the little "button" starts moving and the audio starts playing.

I don't have a website, and I don't need or want one. But there has to be way to just put recordings up on the internet for others to hear.

I don't know if I've explained this very well, but if anyone knows what I'm talking about then I'd very much appreciate any information you can give me.

(And yes, I'm pretty stupid when it comes to all this stuff. By the way, I have a Macbook.)

I see, rather like Photobucket then. That makes sense. Are there any others? When I Google "Purevolume" and click on it nothing happens.

Edit: Never mind. I think I've succesfully opened an account. Thanks, randrade89.

Edit again: Nope. Didn't work. Well, I'll keep trying.

Last edited:
I am following this thread also because I have often wondered how this was done.

Conrad, Reverbnation (Google it) is the most widely-used free and user-friendly repository for music.

If you want some tech support, let me know. You too, Bob.

Hi Polly. I just tried reverbnation.com and it didn't seem to want to load or whatever. Maybe my computer doesn't have enough memory?

Conrad, why not just save an MP3 as an attachment here? Just use the paper clip above the message.

I think anyone who engages in creative work can benefit from having a website as a repository and offsite backup for your stuff and a convenient record of what you've done. Apart from my "official" websites I also have one in which I just dump whatever new stuff I come up with.

It's also an easy-to-access personal record for loved ones, just in case you fall off the perch - as long as you let them know that it exists and its address, of course.

Hi Polly. I just tried reverbnation.com and it didn't seem to want to load or whatever. Maybe my computer doesn't have enough memory?

I deleted that post because I was going to suggest it to you and Bob and them looked in Bob's signature - lol - don't want to teach my grandmother to suck eggs, so to speak.

Don't think it's a memory issue, old son, more a cognition issue ;-) What do you mean, "didn't want to load"? Will respond a bit later ... lunchtime's almost over.

Conrad, why not just save an MP3 as an attachment here? Just use the paper clip above the message.

Hey! I see that paperclip. You mean that's all it takes?

I have nothing to attach now, but I have a session next week with a very unusual lineup of instruments. I have no idea what to expect.

Get a load of this: saxophone, cello, trombone and tuba! And me on drums. HUH?

The producer/engineer tells me that it's instrumental, funky and rather strange. He's the one who recomended me for this thing, which I guess is a vanity project for some guys who've got their money together.

So if the stuff turns out to be any good I thought that this would definitely be something I'd like people to hear.

Hey! I see that paperclip. You mean that's all it takes?

... Get a load of this: saxophone, cello, trombone and tuba! And me on drums. HUH?

Yup. It took me far too long to work out how people gained stores of attachments on the forum. I kept scouring the Control Panel until eventually the bleeding obvious finally became obvious.

Interesting lineup, J! With tuba, trombone and cello there would not seem much call for you to produce a lot of bottom end sounds. If the sax player turns up with a baritone you will have a verrry interesting session :)

With tuba, trombone and cello there would not seem much call for you to produce a lot of bottom end sounds. If the sax player turns up with a baritone you will have a verrry interesting session :)

I don't know what kind of saxophone it'll be, Polly. I don't know what these guys play, what they sound like, I don't even know if they'll have charts. This is a first. Don't we love stuff like that? I do.

(And I could use the money. The Mrs. wants her own computer.)

Monica - Queen of the Links! Another good one.

Conrad, thing is, if you just want to post here, then attachments are the easiest option. If you want it available to others and Reverbnation isn't working for you, then you have to do.the web thing as per Monica's link.

As for the upcoming session, at least it is guaranteed to be fresh :)

virfirjans, slight problem with that link for most of us - it's in Spanish(?)

My goodness, Monica. You've given me a homework assignment here!

Hey, Bob. Are you getting any of this?
Im trying to absorb it. Im not a computer geek, so I am struggling too.
Thats why I have to use a Mac just as you do. I can't work a PC without throwing it into a wall! LOL

Conrad;
I figured out how to do it as a QuickTime Player movie. Mac Style because you and I have Macs.
I opened QuickTime and I loaded an mp3 from iTunes into it. (I selected open file from the QuickTime file menu. I then chose the mp3 from my iTunes music library)
I saved it to my desktop as a QuickTime movie. (In essence, I turned the mp3 into a movie of the player using QuickTime)
I attached the movie to this post with the paper clip.
The version that you OPd about with the black background is the Windows Movie style.

I hope that this helps you!
I have the latest version of QuickTime Player. I use it for recording right onto my desk top. You can even trim the unwanted beginnings and endings from the recording before saving it.
I can also play Windows Media files using QuickTime with an extension program that I loaded called Flip for Mac.
Are you running Snow Leopard as your operating system? If no, you should upgrade.

Attachments

• MARGAR.mov
    2.5 MB · Views: 140
Last edited:
Back