What 10 inch head should I butter my popcorn with?

BigDinSD

Gold Member
Can anyone suggest a 10 in head for my popcorn snare?

It is a cool lil' pacific 6x10 "805" maple that was a free gift included in my Zildjian A custom pack last Black Friday.

Funny thing, other drummers have played my set and like it's crack and pop over my DW 14" maple.

It probably came with Pacific's version of single ply ambassadors. I am looking to keep it dry, minimal ring with a sharp, nice - bright attack.

Evans does not have the Power Centers, Genera Drys or HD's in that size. I guess I could use the coated G2's?

Any suggestions?

Last edited:
I have the same snare. I have used 2 heads on it:

1. Remo Ambassador. Tuned tight, it has a great, sharp sound but you might want to muffle the head just a little bit. Moongel, or even a small blob of prestik.

2. Evans EC snare head: I put this on a few weeks ago and I really like it. Tuned tight again, and it has a snarling crack without the long sustain of the Ambassador.

You could also try a Remo Powerstroke 4.

happy shopping!

I have the same snare. I have used 2 heads on it:

1. Remo Ambassador. Tuned tight, it has a great, sharp sound but you might want to muffle the head just a little bit. Moongel, or even a small blob of prestik.

2. Evans EC snare head: I put this on a few weeks ago and I really like it. Tuned tight again, and it has a snarling crack without the long sustain of the Ambassador.

You could also try a Remo Powerstroke 4.

happy shopping!

Cool - Thanks
I'll check out the EC, as I don't want to really add any moongel or muffling. I think it has the Ambassador on it now, and is single ply.
Maybe the EC WITHOUT the reverse dot so I can keep some tone...

Yeah. I dont have the one with the reverse dot. Don't think it's nessecary for a double ply head on a 10inch drum.

Back