Experience with Felt Beaters

Coldhardsteel

Gold Member
Hey drummers, I was wondering if anyone has had experience with Pearl Demon Drive Control Core beaters (or any other particularly nice round felt beater).

I've been surviving on the hard felt Quad beater that comes with the Eliminator, and I can get a good sound with it, but when I need more boom than whack it doesn't cut it. I googled some options but quickly realized that I can't feel a beater through the interwebs.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

I use either a felt beater or a "powder puff" type beater. When I'm using the felt it's either a Tama DS30 dual sided or Tama CB90F, usually the CB90F. It's the beater that comes with their Iron Cobra line of pedals.

Dennis

Yeah, I use the DD beaters. For the "boomy" sound you're after I think the old style white felt beaters will probably offer an even better alternative.

Whilst the DD beaters are certainly a hell of a lot lighter than the quad beaters and will get you closer to the sound you're chasing, they still offer a relatively focused attack.....probably due to the design of the core and the fact that hey are also smaller and a little harder than the old style felt beaters. You'll certainly notice a diff. between them and the quads, but I reckon the others might just give you a little more of that boom, again.

And of course, don't neglect to play around with the tuning either. That'll certainly help too.

Last edited:
Back