Expensive snares.

daredrummer

Gold Member
Well the joyful noise elite snare drums were reviewed in this month's modern drummer, and they run the wallet up quite a bit.
This thread is to show all the super expensive snare you can find!

I'll start it off with this beautiful gold plated joyful noise snare, priced at a whopping $7000!!! (I can get 3 high end KITS for this price!)

da50e39879c34e0f002f602a5d0fa2e4.image.425x318.jpg

They could make a $7,000.00 tea kettle and people would buy it. Tea would still taste the same I bet.

It's funny how snares like these will most likely be collected rather than used. someone might hit them once or twice, but that will probably be the extent of it. Sorry I don't have one to post. I thought $500+ was a bit crazy for a snare...

The first thing I ever read about the Ludwig was that it looked much better than it sounded.

Not practical, you'd have to take it with you on break. JN makes some nice stuff but this is over the top and won't make you sound or play even a little better.

I see them as simply collectibles, and theres no harm in collecting something you love ;]

I'm positive you could buy a snare drum at the same quality of the expensive guys posted above, for a much less price.

So as I said before, I see them as collectibles.

I see them as simply collectibles, and theres no harm in collecting something you love ;]

I'm positive you could buy a snare drum at the same quality of the expensive guys posted above, for a much less price.

So as I said before, I see them as collectibles.

Only harm to yourself, when you go to write a check, or put a payment on your house, and realize you just spent 10,000+ on a snare drum. Then well..... theres the harm.
But hey! You helped out a company!

Yeah I would defientley keep one of these in nice shape. Maybe bang on the heads a little, but then replace them for some brand new ones for show.

Slap one of these babies on there and you got yourself the display snare of the century!

da50e39879c34e0f002f602a5d0fa2e4.image.425x318.jpg

+

7ebc03efb37f9cb16ebeff16bc58fc08.image.270x270.jpg

= One classy snare!

11K? It looks really cool. But man I'd be embarrassed if I couldn't play it! It would make a nice "under glass" specimen for sure.

So did you get one?

Yeah ordered it last week. Donated my right lung, kidney, and the right half of my brain. Then I bought it!
Can't wait for it! But seriously, would anyone here buy that? Especially if you bend a hoop :O Have fun getting a replacement!

Yeah obviously you can get a just as good sounding snare for well under 1000, but this snare is not for taking to your rock concert. These are collector's snares. Therefore collectors would want them.
If no one bought the product, they wouldn't be making them.

Only harm to yourself, when you go to write a check, or put a payment on your house, and realize you just spent 10,000+ on a snare drum. Then well..... theres the harm.
But hey! You helped out a company!

Lots of people like to collect much more expensive cars, so if you have the money I don't see the harm in collecting these.

And to add on to my previous statement, I'm not saying you cant play it, I'm just saying I would use it for collection purposes, as opposed to instrumental use.

PEOPLE BUY THEM?!?!?
Seriously? People spend that much one one single drum?
You can get 3 custom drum sets with about 1,500 left over for hardware and cymbals.

Maybe its not a matter of price, but value. ;]

Broaden your mind to other people's perspective brother

PEOPLE BUY THEM?!?!?
Seriously? People spend that much one one single drum?
You can get 3 custom drum sets with about 1,500 left over for hardware and cymbals.

Dude...some of us have jobs that make these snares a very doable treat once or twice a year, I would kill for a music room full of these babies, to be honest i hadnt even considered them before. Can you guys post more links and pics? I must have one

Dude...some of us have jobs that make these snares a very doable treat once or twice a year, I would kill for a music room full of these babies, to be honest i hadnt even considered them before. Can you guys post more links and pics? I must have one

It's cool to collect, don't get me wrong. I was just brought up a different way - actually, when I became a regular customer at Pro Drum Shop in Hollywood over 30 years ago now, when they put up one of Buddy's kits on display before he passed away (he was a dear friend to the shop too) and everything that guy played was stock stuff off of the shelf. In fact, all the guys part of the L.A. scene, who could definitely afford whatever they wanted, seemed to impart the advice that, if you can't play, it doesn't matter. Buddy himself said "a race car driver can drive anything". So naturally, if those guys were telling me stuff like that, who am I to argue?

The gear is important, yes, but it's still secondary to that feeling of making good music with good people.

Very noice! Each to their own, there's them who buy million dollar cars they never drive but sell for a tidy profit.

Reminds me of a time when I bought a new-old-stock vintage fountain pen (I love writing with a fine writing instrument). This pen was over 40 years old and had passed from collector to collector, each of whom had kept it in pristine condition. First thing I did is pull out a cartridge from the 40+ year old new-old-stock vintage ink cartridge box that came with the pen, put it in the pen and started writing. I emailed the seller and told him how much I loved writing with the pen (it is the smoothest writer I've ever had) and got back a narky email telling me off for spoiling such a fine writing instrument for future collectors. Each to their own.

MusiQmaN - that is a sweet looking snare indeed. Being a brass Yammie it should sound wonderful too.

Back