Most enjoyable concert experince

drum.lad

After seeing the worst concert experince thread i assume you guys have had some good concert experinces i hope.

For me it would be seeing The Who with support from Biffy Clyro and The Answer all three bands blew me away and seeing living legends just made me shiver got a drumstick off Zak and met some cool people all in all a perfect outdoor gig with the sun beaming.

But i have always left a concert plesed i just love live music.

Now your turn!!!!!

Re: Most ENJOYABLE concert experince

I've had no dissapointments at all yet, so I really can't say.
If I really had to pick though, mine would be AC/DC.

I've had so many great concert experiences that it's hard to narrow it down to just one. So I came with a two-way tie between Dave Weckl and Duke Robillard.

I saw Dave a couple years ago back in Seattle, I sat maybe four feet from him and pretty much took mental notes all night. I got to chat with him after the show and he even gave me pair of his sticks!! Very classy guy!

I've seen Duke a couple times. He's a blues/jazz/swing guitarist, if you don't know who he is. I highly recommend that you check him out if you have the chance. Some of the best guitar playing you will ever hear. I got to hang out with him and his band both times I've seen them; he and his entire band are also a very classy bunch of professionals. .

hmmm... i havnt been to that many, only 17...

Though i think it's a tie between seeing The Bad Plus at the village vanguard and seeing The Foo Fighters at MSG. 2 totally different experiences, but both equally enjoyable.

On the one hand, The Bad Plus at the village vanguard was definitely the most intimate experience i've had with seeing live musicians. They were less than 5 feet away...i could've touched both the drumset and piano. Seeing incredible musicians in that close proximity was just awesome.

And with the foo fighters, well it was just plain fun. We sat (or i should say stood) general admission - right in front of the big stage. Awesome show. So much energy, excitement, and they played pretty darn well.

Billy Joel
Ringo and His AllStarr Band

I'm not too much of a metal head anymore, but the best live show i have seen would have to be Morbid Angel. I saw them in '04 and '06. They are not way too big which is kinda cool, b/c its usually a small venue when thay play and you can really get up close.
I have never seen a band play such fast complex music and play it so cleanly and precise.
Seeing them made me want to go home and practice until i could play their tunes on guitar & drums!

So many highlights.

One that jumps to mind was the time I had a 3rd row seat to see Rush.

wow, I've seen so many it's impossible to pick just one.
seven that quickly come to mind are-

Buddy Rich at The Bottom Line in New York
Dennis Chambers with Niacin (I've seen them 4 times)
Rush (I've seen them 5 times)
Steps Ahead at The Bottom Line in New York with Peter Erskine on drums
Dave Weckl at The Bottom Line in new York
Y&T at BB King's in New York
Return to Forever at Carnegie Hall, I was front row center (I heard it was DiMeola's first show with them)

hmmm... i havnt been to that many, only 17...

On the one hand, The Bad Plus at the village vanguard was definitely the most intimate experience i've had with seeing live musicians. They were less than 5 feet away...i could've touched both the drumset and piano. Seeing incredible musicians in that close proximity was just awesome.

And with the foo fighters, well it was just plain fun. We sat (or i should say stood) general admission - right in front of the big stage. Awesome show. So much energy, excitement, and they played pretty darn well.

The Bad Plus was the best concert I've ever seen. Followed by Les Claypool followed by Zappa plays Zappa. Les's concert was incredibly entertaining and Dweezil and co. was awesome because of all the great musicians.

Most recently..I'd have to say for me it would be Fleetwood Mac. See my review. Others.. Life of Agony and Type Negative. What a combo.. huh?

Ringo Starr And His All Star Band,Journey w/Peter Frampton and John Waite and a country-rock group Ryan Shupe And The Rubberband (they are a great live band-great musicians).

Motley Crue on the Carnival of sins tour was great! They played so tight that night it was amazing. They also had a great stage show to go along with the music. Oh and i was only a few rows back in the GA pit. LIfe of Agony was also a great show. It snowed really bad that night so not many fans showed up. Bad for the band but great for me. I was in the front row. Caught a pick and drum stick. Type O negative has always been good for me too. They signed all my stuff for me too. I have pictures if anyone wants to see.

Rush back in the early to mid nineties (can't remember exactly). They played a great show at Pine Knob (outdoor venue) on a perfect summer night. They played awesome, lots of people I knew went and were partying and the energy from the crowd was great.

The Yes Union tour with all the members up there playing in the round. Great show.

Radiohead last year. Worth the 4 hour drive to see them.

No surprise...

All 23 Rush concerts since 1982(Signals), all the way up to 2008(Snakes & Arrows).

Danzig, who my best friend John Christ was the guitarist/bassist on the albums/vocalist for from 1987 - 1995. Saw him six times w/Danzig live, and was absolutely stunned how incredible he had become since he left home for his stint with Danzig.

All the 14 Ted Nugent shows I saw from 1980 - 2007. The man is just a phenom in concert. Talk about a fun show. Whewww... The Motor City Madman/The Mighty Nuge/Uncle Ted. Whatever you call him...he's incredible!

Alter Bridge @ The Rams Head LIVE in Baltimore on November 27, 2007. Miles Kennedy, Mark Tremonti, Brian Marshall, and of course, the amazing Scott Phillips on skins! Just a fantastic performance by an amazing group of talented musicians. Seriously...you need to see this band live. ABSOLUTELY awesome!! ;-)

While I've had several enjoyable experiences, the one that stick out to me are the ones that blow me away, because it wasn't something I expected...

First one that comes to mind is a Ween show I went to a few years back, for those of you that know them, for the most part, their albums use cheezy drum samples and (for the most part), basic drum beats - Claude Coleman blew my mind that night.

Weather Report - Avery Fischer Hall 1985

Keith Jarrett- private performance at Timothy Hill's loft In Soho 19 sum'thin

Tony Williams- Fat Tuesdays

Dave Liebman - Jazz Yatra 1978

Steve Ray Vaughan- Concert by the Pier NYC..1982

Zakir Hussain/McLaughlin- Rang Bhavan Mumbai- 2002

Yeah, Abe, but have you ever seen anybody noteworthy? :)

I saw Lieb last year at the 55 bar, and he is still one of the best around. It was one of the best shows I ever saw. i was inches from his cone, and every break he sat down next to me like a lng lsto friend.

I also saw Weather Report back in 82-83?; I don't know if they were jazz :p but they were one of the greatest live acts.

I remember that Stevie concert. It was free, right? I didn't make it in and I am still kicking myself becaseu I never got to see the man. it was always next time. I made it in for the free Tomita concert when he played from a spaceship suspended over the river. I had my priorities. I drank a lot back then.

Yeah, Abe, but have you ever seen anybody noteworthy? :)

I saw Lieb last year at the 55 bar, and he is still one of the best around. It was one of the best shows I ever saw. i was inches from his cone, and every break he sat down next to me like a lng lsto friend.

Ya, he is quite a performer. Btw Julius Pastorius' band might be doing that gig soon. keep an eye out nice improv funk.

I also saw Weather Report back in 82-83?; I don't know if they were jazz :p but they were one of the greatest live acts.

The sure were.. ya, Jaco/Joe/Wayne did it for me. The drummer didn't matter. isnt that strange..

I remember that Stevie concert. It was free, right? I didn't make it in and I am still kicking myself becaseu I never got to see the man. it was always next time. I made it in for the free Tomita concert when he played from a spaceship suspended over the river. I had my priorities. I drank a lot back then.

Free it was. Miller High-Life....Santana & Pink Floyd were playing the same weekend. I didnt go home..; )

Back