New Paiste Giant Beat Setup

wow. that is such a great set up, the Giant Beats are amazing cymbals, very nice Dd's and the the pedals, throne and set up is all very sharp - and that kick drum, sweet reso you have there!

easily one of the best looking set ups on the forum!

First, the Dorian ash kit looks great!

Second, I have recently transitioned from Zildjian A's to 2002's. I am stuck, in that both have merits and I am an equal opportunity bronze basher. The 2002's really cut through and are easier to record, or at least they sound more like they really do on a recording than many b20's I have heard.

The giant beats are definitely a nice alternative to bright/cut.

First, the Dorian ash kit looks great!

Second, I have recently transitioned from Zildjian A's to 2002's. I am stuck, in that both have merits and I am an equal opportunity bronze basher. The 2002's really cut through and are easier to record, or at least they sound more like they really do on a recording than many b20's I have heard.

The giant beats are definitely a nice alternative to bright/cut.

I'm a convert as well. I played Zildjian A's for years. From there, I switched to A Custom. When I decided to minimize my cymbal setup I found that the A Customs didn't have the versatility I needed. I was looking for a set of cymbals that I could use for all types of music. The GB Multi's fit the bill perfectly. I play fusion, punk, and good ol' fashion rock-n-roll. The GB's fit right in the pocket for all of them.

In terms of recording, I found that my Paiste cymbals recorded better (???). I'm not sure why but that has been my experience.

In terms of recording, I found that my Paiste cymbals recorded better (???). I'm not sure why but that has been my experience.

I think it's because Paiste's buildup and decay are so smooth and even. There are not a lot of harmonics compared to an a custom. It's almost like gating an a-custom. Watching "time warp" I'd say paiste cymbals may be more rigid than zildjians.

Those stands would kill my back, but they look cool! Nice kit.

Yeah, they are heavy. They're DW's multi stands. I bought them cuz they allowed me to mount more cymbals per stand. My prior setup had 7 cymbals. See pic.

Now with GB's only they're overkill...lol.

DSCN0429-1.jpg

How are the how are the head's on the ddrum? its because i might get the ddrum dominion ash too for my next set and I'm currently just using g2's but these heads are getting a lot of attention recently.

btw I always preferred the black burst finish but after seeing yours i think I prefer the red burst :)

Back