Baseball thread

I was very impressed with that 9-1 win.

Even though I'm a die-hard White Sox fan, lets go Rays!

Red Sox have been there, done that. The Rays haven't even been into the World Series yet! (Although, I really want to see the Cubs win the World Series though)

no, No, NO!! NO MOAR COWBELL!!!!

Red Sox!! All the WAY!! And let's meet the Phillies in the World Series!!

GO Red Sox!!!

Well the way tonights game is going and the fact that the last game could be played in Boston, after a night off, there may not be anymore cowbells.

the flyin hawian strikes again
UGGGGHHH!!!! *dispair*

It's do or DIE time!! I'm hoping it's business as usual with taking it to the wire as the Red Sox ALWAYS seem to do. (nothin's ever easy in Red Sox Nation)
They managed to win BOTH other ALCS series when down by 3, so let's see if history repeats itself again. *crosses fingers*

I really don't know if it's in the cards though, the Rays are playing so hard and so good it's unbelievable.

We'll see . . .

GO RED SOX!!!

The Rays have never been to the World Series so I hope they can pull it off.My beloved Tigers fell apart this year they have a lot of work too do.As long as it the American League wins I'll be happy.

Bonzolead

The Rays have never been to the World Series so I hope they can pull it off.My beloved Tigers fell apart this year they have a lot of work too do.As long as it the American League wins I'll be happy.

Bonzolead

I really wish the Tigers will win again, too. (Not over my White Sox or Cubs though). Theres a few teams in baseball, other than Chi teams, that I do like.

WOO HOO!!!

The Red Sox live to play again!!

Deficit of 7 runs all the way to the 6th inning, and they brought it back from the brink!!

Red Sox WIN 8 to 7!!!!

Biggest run deficit ever overcome in any ALCS series, EVER!!

See ya in TAMPA!!

WOO HOO!!!

Deficit of 7 runs all the way to the 6th inning, and they brought it back from the brink!!

Red Sox WIN 8 to 7!!!!

See ya in TAMPA!!

in any post-season clinching game period

WOO HOO!!!

Red Sox WIN 8 to 7!!!!

See ya in TAMPA!!

I was so mad I broke my remote when they won it. I threw it at the wall and only the 2, 8, and guide buttons work now =(

I was so mad I broke my remote when they won it. I threw it at the wall and only the 2, 8, and guide buttons work now =(
Thank you for being so emotionally involved!! L0L!!!

I was pretty DAMN happy, and to quote Joe Castiglione "Can you believe it?!!?!!"

I'll be gigin' Saturday night, but you can bet one eye will be on the club's TV set!! And you can be I'll bet wearin' the colors too!!

GO RED SOX!!!!!

OK,

Once again the Red Sox are down to the wire, it's Do or Die time AGAIN! AGAIN they must put up, or go home.

I feel they are in a very precarious place and the pendulum could swing either way.

Did the Sox turn the tides to favor them with the spectacular win in Game 5 on Thursday?
Have they mentally stricken the Rays, hopefully fatally, giving the Red Sox an advantage?
Will the starting pitching (Josh Beckett) bring his "A" game?
Is Beckett physically ABLE to bring his "A" game?
Will Big Papi's bat continue to swing successfully continuing his otherworldly post season Clutch Hitting status?
Will playing at The Trop be too much negative vibe for the Sox to overcome?
Will the cowbells interfere with the Red Sox ability to concentrate?
Will the "been here, done this before" status make Game 6 no big deal?

Will "Big Game James" step up and fill the open shoes that his name suggests?
Will the Ray's bats continue to pound the outfield bleachers?
Will the stress of Game 5's loss weigh enough on their minds to induce silly errors from trying TOO hard?
Will The Trop boost the Rays to give them the added psychological edge?
Will the young and eager beat the veterans with experience?
Will these uncharted waters be too unfamiliar and cause a distraction to The Rays?

These and many more questions will be answered tonight.

GAME 6 of the American League Championship Series.
TONIGHT!! Go RED SOX!!

no More COWBELL!!

Attachments

• LessCowbell.jpg
    LessCowbell.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 85
OMG!!!!!!!

Red Sox WIN!!!!!!!

Force a GAME 7!!

"Can you believe it??"

I'm so glad I recorded the game, I was playing tonight and couldn't watch, but the place went NUTS when the Sox WON!!!

All cowbell tonight. Time to get the bats going again. GO RAYS.

All cowbell tonight. Time to get the bats going again. GO RAYS.
I fear the Rays "Fair Weather Fans" were a bit taken aback by the circumstances. (see picture below)

How is it there's not a single last years green Rays jersey in the crowd? I'll tell you why, they've never SEEN a baseball game until this year. Where were the Ray's Fans when the Rays SUCKED and NEEDED fan support?? Where were the Ray's Fans when the Trop was called "Fenway South" because there were so many Red Sox fans in attendance?
This is the new "Pink Hat" this year.
FF_203126_s.jpg

Attachments

• Pink Hat Rays Fans 10.18.2008.jpg
    Pink Hat Rays Fans 10.18.2008.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 76
I'm starting to get sick to my stomach GD. I almost can't watch the game tonight becuase its going to drive me crazy.

First of all, this part of Florida is transplant land. Most residents are from some other region or state that have moved here. The Boston fans that were in attendance were locals wearing Boston gear because its easier to root for a winner than to admit they lived here. As for the lack of old jersies, I guess the Boston fans that flipped flopped, had to buy new gear so that again, they could root for the winner. Fair weather is a good depiction for the fans, since the Boston fans rooting for Tampa now are also fair weathered. If the Rays don't win another game this year, they have proven to be a worthy competitor now and not just a door mat. If memory serves they did win the division this year. More cowbell. Another reason for the change of jersies is the change of name. Tampa Bay Rays. No longer the Tampa Bay Devil Rays. The fans are into it enough to change jersies with the team and not wear old gear.

Back