Mike "Machine" Mallais here!

Pressed doubles? I'm intrigued and anxious to do something that'll produce better results. Smarter might be smarter... :) I'll look forward to your elaboration.

Hey Mike, I'm going to start entering the WFD. I was going to do it in 2008 but I missed my chance. For the double bass single minute record, I'm getting around 750 right now. I'm not close to your record yet, but I've only been playin drums for 2 years now, so I'm doin pretty good. So in 2 or 3 years, expect me to take your title =)

I wish everyone who is interested in WFD the best... the bar(s) are set so high now...if you're going to get in... GET IN NOW before its literally impossible to go any faster without a new product or method.

I support everyone who gives TRUE effort.

Mike

I wish everyone who is interested in WFD the best... the bar(s) are set so high now...if you're going to get in... GET IN NOW before its literally impossible to go any faster without a new product or method.

Mike
I agree Mike. Although I'm pretty much done with that part of my life, I will always have nothing but good feelings for the way it taught me a lot of things, especially about the business itself. With the way the music business doesn't have so many of those entry level pro bands any more to get you out there, I found that WFD helped with that immensely. And Boo McAfee and Craig Alan are good, honest guys worthy of loyalty and support. I also don't think people have to take as much heat for being involved like used to happen. Besides the general public never cared about all that anyway.

I got the world record I was after, and acheived my goal. I support anyone willing to take the next step, and I wish them good luck.

Mike

I was going to get in last year but the closest event was about a 9 hour drive away and my parents didnt want to take me. So this year I'm going to enter it for sure. My parents said they'd take me this year. By the way, check out some of my drum covers on youtube if you get a chance. I'd appreciate it alot, and if you can give me any advice and whatnot that'd be golden. Thanks for your time Mike.

Re: Mike Machine Here!!!

Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy everyone!!!

Timster...how ya been mang?!

Thanks alot for the compliments... Im actually working on some NEW video footage now... I feel the videos on youtube are pretty CRAPPY imo... nothing in those felt "right" and theyre all "1 trick pony" vids... so expect some really versatile stuff coming soon!!!

Im glad to have your support tho guys... feel free to ask/say anything!!!

Mike

Not to sound like a douche or anything, because I def respect you and understand that you're a great(FAST) drummer, but i wasn't feelin much more than a couple of parts in your vids. Except for the namm footage, that was pretty epic.

But I just think that you're much better than that. Actually im pretty sure you are.

Even with saying that i do like how you use your strongest features(your feet) in those two videos.

excited for the stuff man.

~matt~

hi mike, what do you think about trick Pro1-V drum pedal?? What drum pedal do you use?

Hey Everyone!!!

Sorry it's been so long since my last reply... my life has been in circles for months...but i'm happy to be back on track and back with you all here on Drummerworld!!!

Toza - I have owned the Trick Pro1-V Pedals before and honestly I would have to say they didnt suit me at all. Wouldn't go with them personally... I now play Pearls new Demon Drives...and trust me... THESE are the pedals to get... they're everything I wanted in a pedal.

Mike

Jake...Its a hybrid kit I built...

But in other news...here is a sneak preview of another demo session I did recently

https://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=batch_download&batch_id=S1VCOU1RMm10TW5IRGc9PQ

I got some really nice responses lately from some big name drummers... like Liberty DeVitto and John Favicchia to name a couple... so it gave me the confidence to post it up here... its a 1 take... total improv...no edits or punch ins... so keep that in mind :D

Mike

No love for that track? ...sheesh haha... well how about this... FIRST posted request here...(ANY genre) and i'll do my best to do on via video and upload it to youtube... ready...set...go.

Mike

Thanks Bernhard!!! I was confused haha

Jake...which track specificly?

And i'll try to get another link for that track up asap!!!

Mike

Back