Chad Smith

Re: Chad Smith. Like? Dislike? come in.

I'm a big fan of chad smith. He's got some kick ass licks and fills. Perfect for RHCP

Last time I saw RHCP lived I liked Chad very much. He grooves very well with Flea. His technique is not extraordinary, but he is still an essential drummer to learn from.

He's my favourite drummer of all time. HE inspired me to play drums, and he's got what a great drummer needs, including solidness of playing, speed, technique, showmanship and he creates one of the best rhythm sections in the world with flea.

chad doesn't sound that amazing on cds (especially by the way and californication), but his ability to improvise and sound amazing live is inspirational.
have any of you heard him play with glenn hughes? he's awesome!

personally i enjoy funky grooves more than technical solos of the likes of terry bozzio.

I think Chad is amazing, his groove is rock-solid, he has a really deep pocket and the guy plays so musically. He's my biggest inspiration as well. I grew up on RHCP, and I learned to play the drums along to Blood Sugar Sex Magic.

He's is no technical master, but do not underestimate his skills, his single stroke roll is super fast. He's got a wicked right foot technique too.

Next to that, he's such a nice guy. Even with his high profile, he maintains a down-to-earth image and personality ... I've met him on a few occasions, and he will sign every autograph until every fan is satisfied, even if it takes him 2 or more hours.

Speedy said:
I like Chad Smith. Flea and him are a perfect bass-drummer pair. He knows how to flow thru the song.

That is true. With a bassist as good as Flea you need a great drummer. My band plays Soul To Squeeze. In order to properly learn the drums to that song I learned how to play the bassline. It was probably not absolutly necsissary but it helps me stay tight with the bass. I thougt I did pretty good for being stricktly a drummer. I did help. That is the most important thing. The drummer is a time keeper and needs to stay tight with the bassist. Chad Smith is better at that than most drummers of his unique genre.

Chad is both a great drummer and performer. He knows how to work the crowd and make his drumming seem interesting even on the most simplistic grooves. Chad can groove like very few rock drummers can (with help with Flea's awesome bass), and has some interesting fills.

He is a cool drummer, and he can get people moving. He works very well in the Red Hot Chili Peppers and is exciting to watch on stage.

Chad Smith is one of the coolest funk drummmers to listen too. i "can't stop" listinen to him =)

i love chad..... he was the reason i decided to play tht and the fact tht i love the chili peppers!

Stephan said:
I grew up on RHCP, and I learned to play the drums along to Blood Sugar Sex Magic.

YES!!! I played to that album aswell, It improved my playing exponentially.
That is a beautiful album, not a bad song on it!
Chad's drumming is so tight, has so much feel!

Watch the Blood Sugar Sex Magic DVD and he says "I like to lay down the groove, so that the other guys can paint on top of it."

Awesome drummer in his own right! No one can argue with that.

Chad is awesome.I used to think he wasn't the greatest then I bought a few of their albums and I must say that Blood Sugar Sex Magix has incredible drumming on it!! Just the sound of the drums and how he keeps things so simple and in the pcoket....and the ghost note placements are terrific!! One more thing I love about that album is how almost every song as one killer fill in it that I have to rewind back to on my cd player just to hear again.

Dr Drums said:
Chad is still a real monster in the newer stuff, he becomes above all the thing he were, a real clean drummer. something that was defenetly missing in the old days.

the by the way album is really terribly boring in drumming aspects, a drum machine could have done that as well...why do you say this cleanness was missing in the old days? he has always been tight and professional and clean but in the old days it was more creative and groovy

i like chad because, he is tight, his grooves are funky, tasteful fills, fun to watch, simple and always plays for the music.

This Guy lays down the grooves perfectly his rock is also really good. Mixing Funk with Rock can be a challenge But Chad pulls it off no problem. He is always fun to watch fun to play along to plays great solo's has a lot of energy. He's one of my favorites he's an all out Excellent drummer. He's a monster behind the kit

i saw the movie wit dennis chambers, garibaldi, mike clark, and chad smith on it
by the time it got to chad smith it wus jsut like what r u doing why am i watching this

chads cool but not my fav

thedrumthing86 said:
i saw the movie wit dennis chambers, garibaldi, mike clark, and chad smith on it
by the time it got to chad smith it wus jsut like what r u doing why am i watching this

what movie was it? i'd love to see it considering it has the world's most renowned drummers on it.

Ive never heard of chad SMith in my life. Who is he? Whos he play for?

Chad Smith is the drummer for the Red Hot Chili Peppers. In my opinion, a great funk drummer. He has lots of space to play with but doesn't overdue it. He keeps it interesting but sometimes simple, building a solid foundation for the songs.

chad smith

chad smith is a power house! he is one of the most stylish drummers out there. And he is talented. Ive heard of his drum tech throwing sticks at him and him catching them in his left hand playing a stroke then trowing it out behind him. Then catching the next one thrown at him only to repet the cycle.
JUST FOR FUN! .................................................................... WOW.

anyone else.........

thedrumthing86 said:

??? which movie are you talking about ?? why are you comparing drummers with totally different acumen ?? Please give credit to people where it is due ..... when 90% of the posts in this thread say that he is good and inspiring it really means something ain't it ??

Chad smith plays for the music .... he has got some neat ideas ...... his grooves are so tight and appropriate that it seems easy and its hard to come up with some better alternative for that particular song ........ I think this is the most precious quality that a musician can possess ...

Back