Evans G-Plus

FattyFunk

Im thinking of upgrading from stock heads and getting some G-Plus heads for the batter side. What are your oppinions on them? Anyone have any experience with them?

I have actually been using the G-Plus clears as resonant heads with G-1's as batters and I am really happy with the full warm sound. The G-plus ar a 12mil film that actually resonates more!!! Check out Bob Gadsen's reso video where he explains it better. This combination works for me on my drums and since I dont know what you're playing they may not work the same for you. You have to experement, thats half the fun!!!

The G-plus ar a 12mil film that actually resonates more!!!

No "actually" about it. A thicker head will sustain longer--more mass is moving--than a thinner head, assuming the same number of plies. I've been using the G-plus clears as resos on certain toms that need more sustain, for just that reason. They're a useful tool for equalizing sustain among your toms.

FYI Evans just put out the G-plus with their white coating (in addition to the awful frosty one), which I am going to try when I can afford to.

Back