Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: New to the site

Welcome to the site! I'm a newbie to it also, and I really enjoy spending a little bit of time on here everyday. Hope you enjoy!

Morning everyone. I'm new to this site as well. I'm from Peterborough Ontario Canada, I originally started playing at 14 on a cheap set of Pizie's befor gratuating to a set of Stewarts. I stopped playing at 22 when I got married and started having a family. Now at 52 I started learning again on a set of Pearls EXR. Getting aquainted with them is one thing....getting the timing back will be like riding a bike again.

Welcome to the forum, Lakeworth. This is a wonderful place - best of it's kind on the web. I'm close to your age and have recently returned to playing full force after a four year break. I've only been a member since right before the new year but have already benefited immeasurably. Lots of great stuff here and a real cross section of players and personalites. Lovin' every minute of it - I'm sure you will too.

Oh, and welcome to the family, D-Rock! Lots and lots of stuff to learn here.

Last edited:

D-Rock said:
I'm not far at all from Ft. Pierce, I'm in Jensen Beach. I take a couple classes at IRCC over there. Small world.

Hey Derek...Wow..hahaha. I used to live in Jensen Beach. On the island. I was born in Stuart.

Now we live on North Hutchinson Island.....right by North Jetty. Yes...I am a surfer...thats why I live up here. I know TONS of people from Jensen Beach! Very small world.

You say you have been playing for 9 years? Did you take lessons for awhile? Do you know any of the members of the bands..."Last Laugh"...Fifty Dollar Flander"..."Waterbird (they broke up.)"

Do you know any of the Banfi's? Dave or Steve. They are some great musicians in Stuart. Wow...I could go on and on. Did you used to play gigs at the open mic night at the Lyric Theater?

Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you'll enjoy it here. And in the spirit of kicking it up a notch, I just have to say, BAM!

..sorry, un-needed Emeril reference :)

Re: Introduce Yourself

Hey, Newb here.

real name - Clint Marzec
age - 29
how long been playing - messing around with drums for about 2 years, recently started with the lessons (my teacher told me to go here)
origin of user name - my web site, www.clint-o-matic.com
top 5 drummers - I don't know 5 drummers, ummm..Lars, Tommy Lee... I watch Travis Barker's show sometimes
make of drumkit - CB700, After 1 year of lessons I will buy myself a new set
make of cymbal - Zildjian
where do you practice - in my house
are you in a band - no
what style of music - Rock/Metal - Some bands I like are 36 Crazyfist, Bullet for my Valentine, Hopesfall, Willhaven, Refused
favourite take out food - pizza
country - USA
one really odd fact about yourself - I got nuthin
how did you start drumming - Always wanted to pick it up, parents wouldn't let me have a set in the house. Now I have my own house, so IT'S ON!!

Slingerlandmitch

real name - Mitch Wright
age - 49
how long been playing - 41yrs. Now it's my job after a 20 yr Military hitch in the Air Force (I was an F-15 Crew Chief)
origin of user name - Slingerland Drums
top 5 drummers - Gene Kruppa, Buddy Rich,Niel Peart, influenced by Kieth Moon
make of drumkit -2004 Slingerland Classic V Studio King, 1973 Slingerland Concert king? I bought it in high school...
make of cymbal - Zildjian
where do you practice - in my basement Finished Room
are you in a band - yes - www. Roadtripp.com
what style of music - Southern Rock, Classic Rock, Country
favourite take out food - pizza
country - USA
one really odd fact about yourself - I am leagally blind (with glassed on)
how did you start drumming - Put on a 45 record (Rolling Stones Get off of my cloud) and started playing along on my brothers drum set..

real name - Emre Ramazanoglu
age - 30
how long been playing - 15 years
origin of user name - my other work as a protools engineer
top 5 drummers - zigaboo, bonham, clyde, tony, + loads others!!
make of drumkit - tamburo operas/ludwig super classic/many snares
make of cymbal - Zildjians
where do you practice - home
are you in a band - sessions only
what style of music - many
favourite take out food - indian
country - UK
one really odd fact about yourself - I have a coordination disorder (for real!!), and was deaf as a child! Now I'm a drummer/producer!! Hows that for contrary :)
how did you start drumming - to battle my coordination disorder!!

real name? Tyler Van Kley
age? 13
how long been playing? 5 years
origin of user name? I am a kid and i am a drummer
top 5 drummers? Travis Barker, Buddy Rich, Steve Smith, Neil Peart, Carter Bearferd
make of drumkit? Ludwig
make of cymbal? Zildjian
where do you practice? Basement in my house
are you in a band/s? no
covers or originals?
what style of music? Rock, Jazz
favourite take out food? Wings
country? U.S.A.
one really odd fact about yourself? I have a crooked nose
how did you start playing drums? my dad tought me how to play when i was 9 years old and had no problem

real name? Colin Caulfield
age? 16
how long been playing? a little under 2 years
origin of user name? not sure
top 5 drummers? Dave Weckyl, Dave King, Steve Gadd, Kieth Carlock, Bill Bruford
make of drumkit? Gretsch
make of cymbal? Zildjian
where do you practice? In my head and my basement.
are you in a band/s? A band yes. http://www.myspace.com/morningmaniacmusic
covers or originals? Originals on recordings, sometimes covers live.
what style of music? Experimental Blues fusion.
favourite take out food? Lebanese
country? USA
one really odd fact about yourself? As a nervous twitch I played paradiddle like rythyms with my hands before i started playing drums.
how did you start drumming? Through a friend.

New to the Forum

Hi Everyone!

First post! I just joined the forum. I stumbled upon this site by searching for information about the drum kit I just bought, the Sonor Force 3003 Fusion 5-Piece drum set. I think this forum is pretty neat and resourceful. I look forward to learning from all of you.

Introduce Yourself

real name? Thomas
age? 33
how long been playing? 20 years
origin of user name? my ex-bands lead singer used to call me that
top 5 drummers? Matt Cameron, Phil Taylor, Phil Rudd, Steve Gadd, Jeff Porcaro
make of drumkit? Pearl mmx
make of cymbal? Zildjian
where do you practice? churches attic
are you in a band/s? http://www.divljejagode.com/index.htm#, few other cover bands
covers or originals? mostly originals
what style of music? hard rock and metal
favourite take out food? any fast food
country? Croatia
one really odd fact about yourself? there are a lot, ask my wife
how did you start drumming? my late uncle was a drummer, that's how I got my first snare
drum, since then it's all about drums

Re: New to the Forum

hey, i just joined also, actually i found out about the site this summer by researching Buddy Rich, i learned so much off of this

hello

how long been playing: 6.5 years today
origin of user name: Its my name
top 5 drummers: buddy rich,steve gadd,Horacio Hernandez,,john blackwell,will kennedy
make of drumkit: Pearl Export
make of cymbal: Mainly paiste
where do you practice: Home/Studio
are you in a band: Yes, currently not named
covers or originals: Both
what style of music: Rock/Grunge
favourite take out food: Indian
one really odd fact about yourself: 24cm handspan
how did you start drumming: Always been a keen drummer, learning at school

real name? Tobias Gaust (Friends call me Toby)
age? 18
how long been playing? 6 years
origin of user name? My name
top 5 drummers? Manu Katche, Dennis Chambers, Steve Smith, Carter Beauford and Vinnie Colaiuta
make of drumkit? Yamaha Yd (Soon Stage Custom Nouveau)
make of cymbal? Anatolian and Stagg
where do you practice? at home and in the practice room
are you in a band/s? Yes I´m in a band
covers or originals? Both so far
what style of music? Funk/ rock
favourite take out food? pizza
country? Denmark
one really odd fact about yourself? uhm...I AM odd..
how did you start drumming? A friend of mine started playing drums and he got me into it...

How long been playing: 3 years - many more to come
Origin of user name: well, blastbeats are the ultimate challenge - push yourself to the limit
Top 5 drummers: HORGH (Immortal/Grimfist many others), Roger Taylor, Munetaka Higuchi, Bernie Dresel, Snowy Shaw
Drumkit: All kinds of shells combined to one huge kit
Cymbals: Mostly Meinl
Where do you practice : Studio/ Practice room
Are you in a band: Yeah !
Covers or originals: Both, but we prefer to write our own songs
What style of music: Trash , Death, Doom, Black, R 'n' R, AOR, it's got to kick ass...
Favourite take out food: Pizza
One really odd fact about yourself: There are too many - hard to pick one out...
How did you start drumming: I' ve been listening to Queen since I was three years old.
Since then I wanted to become a drummer. About 3 years ago, I bought my first kit.

real name? Steve
age? 38
how long been playing? 25 years
make of drumkit? Premier Projectors (birch) 1992
make of cymbal? Zyldjian, Paiste, Sabian, UFIP
where do you practice? Living room
are you in a band/s? Not really
covers or originals? Both
what style of music? Melodic rock
how did you start drumming? Big brother was a drummer, helped me get started

Cool forum, I finally discovered today. I have been playing my Premiers for 13 years now, and am finally considering getting a second set w/ snare. I may ask your opinion !

How long been playing? About 19 years.
Origin of user name? Met a girl in France and she pronounced Gilbert as "Jeelbear"
Top 5 drummers? Gene Krupa, Billy Cobham, Tony Williams, Charlie Watts, Don Brewer
Make of drumkit? Ludwig Birch Classic (5 pc) and Eames (4 pc)
Make of cymbal? Sabian
Where do you practice? My bedroom
Are you in a band/s? The Whitinos, True Stories, and The Lesti Huff Band
Covers or originals? Both... mainly original
What style of music? Ooooh, I guess rock, blues, country, roots, americana...
Favourite take out food? Whataburger!
Country? USA!
One really odd fact about yourself? I shook the finger of the King of Tonga in 1977
How did you start drumming? My brother made me do it. I then took about a 14 year break and when I was 31 I said, "Dammit! I want some drums!"

So there.

Jeelbear

Re: New to the Forum

Welcome Eddie, this is a great site for sharing. And if you want info on the Sonor 3003 make sure you do a search before posting because chances are the question has already been asked and answered. There is alot of information on the Sonor 3003's here. I just bought my white sparkle 3003 in december and love it. I am new to drums but have learned alot since coming here so feel free to message me any questions and I may be able to help or atleast point you to someone who can. Make sure you post your pics when you get the set in there is always room for more pics of the Sonor's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back