Show off your Yamahas!

Mr. Morkel

Inspired by the Drum Workshop-thread, I would like all you yammie-owners to put up some pics of your drums.

I've seen a lot of beautiful yamaha drums in here - but maybe we could gather some of the pictures en this thread?

I'll start by showing you a few pictures that you maybe have seen before in here.

This is a Manu Katché Junior kit that I used to own:
DSC02172Custom.jpg

DSC02173Custom.jpg

This is my current kit - a yamaha birch custom absolute
11.jpg

19.jpg

So - let's see your yammies! :D

Here's two of the best pics of my kit. It's an older setup (missing the double pedal, x-hats, new snare, etc.) but probably the best pics to date that I've taken. Very nice to see a Yamaha thread.

PICT0006.jpg

PICT0002-1.jpg

Specs are:

Oak Custom in Bryce Canyon Brown
18x20
12x9
14x14

and the snare is a 13x3 steel Pearl Piccolo. I've replaced that recently with a 12x7 cherry/maple Black Panther

My Stage Custom that I bought around 2001 and sold in 2003.

drumsold.jpg

My Oak Custom that I bought after the SC's and sold in 2006

robdrums_lg.jpg

Both sets are set up in my "Righty hands/Lefty feet" setup.

Pic 1 & 2This was one of my kits, a late 80's stage custom.
Pic 3,4,5,6, & 7 My dad's MCAN (photos from when he first got it, so theres no hardware/cymbals yet)

Attachments

• 2683_1.jpg
    2683_1.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 8,389
  • 2665_1.jpg
    2665_1.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 8,444
  • 2605_0.jpg
    2605_0.jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 8,330
  • 263a_1.jpg
    263a_1.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 8,485
  • 28e8_1.jpg
    28e8_1.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 8,601
  • 1efe_0.jpg
    1efe_0.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 8,405
  • 1dca_0.jpg
    1dca_0.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 8,436
I really need some good pics... but here's one..

Dan Drum 1 b.jpg

Here's a little better one showing my snares... (2 DW's and a Yammie Dave Weckl signature)

Dan Snare b.jpg

Peace!

This thread got me to thinking again, (after Aydees Yammie thread), and I went looking around and found these...

My Beech Customs (mid 90's):

drums 001 b.jpg

And here I am in the 80's.. (no laughing please). This was my very first Yammie kit.. I think they were a 600 series, but I used Recording Custom snares..

dandrum3.jpg

Peace!

Here's mine.
Bateria1.jpg

There's only a Crash-Ride because I didn't have money for a Crash and a Ride, and I thought "oh well, I'll have to buy a Crash-Ride then, it works like both."

Show off Your Yamahas

Couldn't pass this one up--My MCA's, Paiste, DW Pedals--Birch Premier Concert toms added on.

Attachments

• Yamahas (2).jpg
    Yamahas (2).jpg
    266.2 KB · Views: 8,489
Hey Yammie owners,
I'm in the market for a new kit, and i'm kind of up in the air about starclassics, masters, or absolute maples. Just wondering what the perks are of buying yamaha for you guys...

My-ex Beech custom absolute, the band i had collapsed and i was so fed up with disappointment that i sold the shell kit to a friend far away. The Beech made the kit very responsive and punchy, with a lower tone than maple. But i thought the 10,12,16 sizes didn't match too well, the floor tom was particularly hard to tune. But i would die to have that 24inch Bass drum again!!

Hey Yammie owners,
I'm in the market for a new kit, and i'm kind of up in the air about starclassics, masters, or absolute maples. Just wondering what the perks are of buying yamaha for you guys...

Well, thats like a win-win-win. They're all good.

Back