Hey everyone! Been awhile! New gear!

blastbeatkeeper

Hey, everyone. I havent been around in quite a while, so I have some new gear to share with you. I picked up this used Ludwig Element 6 piece kit back in January, and I am just now getting around to posting it. Here's the specs:
10x8, 12x9, 13x10 rack toms, 16x16 floor and 22x18 bass. Evans coated G2 batters with stock Ludwig clear resos, and Emad 2 with Emad black resonator on the bass. Right now, depending on where Im playing, I either play with an 80's Pearl Export COS 6.5x14 tuned medium for some gut punches, or a 4.5x12 Sonor Force 3002 Maple piccolo snare tuned nice and tight for some ring. The kit did come with a 6.5x14 snare, but I havent been able to "dial it in" with a sound I like yet.
I love it so far. Nice and easy to tune (when I take my time with it anyways), I can get a nice punchy sound from the whole kit. I have had nothing but compliments on the color, too.Let me know what you guys think! And any head combos are always suggested, as I am far from done seeing what kind of sounds this thing can give me.

Attachments

• Daddy round Round.jpg
    Daddy round Round.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 482
  • rsz_luddies_003.jpg
    rsz_luddies_003.jpg
    198.2 KB · Views: 415
  • luddies_007.jpg
    luddies_007.jpg
    240.2 KB · Views: 412
  • luddies_010.jpg
    luddies_010.jpg
    220.5 KB · Views: 416
Looks great to me. I like three up at times. If it sounds good then it is a great score.

I never really cared for green, on cars, bikes, drums, etc............... but your kit looks great.........especially onstage

Negative, V. That rack is one of the first runs of Pearl's "The Rack", invented by Jeff Porcaro. Its now referred to as the DR-80 rack. I don't use it anymore, because Ludwig's tom hardware is too small for the clamps, so the only thing I used to use it for was cymbals. I only use 4 cymbals, so I just got a couple of multi-clamps and converted back to using 4 cymbal stands. Hell of a lot easier to carry around to gigs than that rack!

Back