Better Beaters for the Eliminators

WitchDoctor

Hey all...

I just purchased an Eliminator 2000c Double Pedal and really am growing to love it with the exception of the Pearl Beaters. Those big 4 sided things looks like a volkswagon on a stick so to speak. To me it kind of makes the pedal feel awkward. Have any of you with this pedal found another beater that you feel compliments this pedal better? I have a set of DW beaters, unfortunately I cannot get them in the holes due to wear on the beater rods from the screws so I have been unable to try those.

Any thoughts would be great!

Thanks

I love the Tama DS30 beaters.
They have two sides, one plastic, one felt.
They are not too heavy, and they have great rebound off the head.
Make sure they are DS30s though because I do NOT like the CB90s.

Hey all...

I just purchased an Eliminator 2000c Double Pedal and really am growing to love it with the exception of the Pearl Beaters. Those big 4 sided things looks like a volkswagon on a stick so to speak. To me it kind of makes the pedal feel awkward. Have any of you with this pedal found another beater that you feel compliments this pedal better? I have a set of DW beaters, unfortunately I cannot get them in the holes due to wear on the beater rods from the screws so I have been unable to try those.

Any thoughts would be great!

Thanks
DW beaters are even bigger, bulkier and heavier, so I don't see how they could be an improvement. Pearl also makes a Duo Beater, a two sided version that is a bit lighter and smaller than the Quad Beaters you have. Then there's the Tama CB90 beaters, they seem to be quite popular among people who like a lighter beater (though I see a member here doesn't like them).
My personal opinion is that the stock Quad Beaters are perfect for the Eliminators as is.

DW beaters are even bigger, bulkier and heavier, so I don't see how they could be an improvement. Pearl also makes a Duo Beater, a two sided version that is a bit lighter and smaller than the Quad Beaters you have. Then there's the Tama CB90 beaters, they seem to be quite popular among people who like a lighter beater (though I see a member here doesn't like them).
My personal opinion is that the stock Quad Beaters are perfect for the Eliminators as is.

Ya they really don't have too much effect on the pedal, buying different beaters is probably just a waste of money unless you destroyed your current beater.

I'd have to disagree on this. The beaters are much like the sticks, they have major effect on the feel and action of the pedals. I just think the weight and size of Quad Beaters fits the Eliminator pedals very well.

The thing is, you hold sticks, you don't hold beaters, I don't see how they relate to the same effect.

The thing is, you hold sticks, you don't hold beaters, I don't see how they relate to the same effect.

Well think of it this way. When you hold a heavier stick then what you are used to, it affects you playing right? Well the same thing applies here.

I will actually be getting in my Pearl Eliminator today, so I will have a better opinion later.

Because they have length, weight, balance, etc. Just because you don't hold them. I ue the older style big felt beater because I like how it sounds and I have to adjust it for feel even though my foot doesn't hold it.

Because they have length, weight, balance, etc. Just because you don't hold them. I ue the older style big felt beater because I like how it sounds and I have to adjust it for feel even though my foot doesn't hold it.

exactly, it relates to feel and perceived weight of the pedal as you press down on the pedal

You have just found "another way" to tailor fit your bass pedal to YOU. Congrats. I have a box of about 8 or 10 various styles and makes. Solid wood (round) does not feel like a wood/felt combo does not feel like a plastic/felt combo does not feel like an all hard felt beater, etc. Nor do they all "sound alike" either.

Back