Rockband game kick pedal as trigger

Mattbough

Hi, I want to add a trigger to my kit for some bass drops and sound effects. I'm running low on cash at the moment and don't want to really buy a dedicated pad. I have an old rockband kit lieing around and thought thats a trigger why not? Well I know how I would put the whole kit through my computer and ableton to get the sample pads, but I don't want that.

Would it be possible to just use the pedal and plug it in somehow using some magic to be able to do bass drops?

Bit cheap and tack I know just want it not to look as bad haha it's only a trail for now

I think you might be missing a few steps here. "Plug it in" to what? What will be processing the sound of the pad or pedal into an audible thing? Where will the playback come from? Might be easier/better off trying to use one of the other "pads" from rockband kit, but I don't know much about them. Assume they are like most e-drums.

I think you might be missing a few steps here. "Plug it in" to what? What will be processing the sound of the pad or pedal into an audible thing? Where will the playback come from? Might be easier/better off trying to use one of the other "pads" from rockband kit, but I don't know much about them. Assume they are like most e-drums.

+1 to this. You still need a module (or something) to run the trigger. Even if you could get it to work, those Rockband pedals don't exactly offer the best action/ response (fine if you're just playing basic beats though I suppose).

I would be trying to get it through ableton or sothing via my laptop, i dont neet it to be perfect simply a button to get an effect going.

Wouldent fancy taking a rockband kit to a gig haha!

Back