New Road Runner bags

TColumbia37

Silver Member
I picked up a set of the new Road Runner drum bags yesterday (the 'touring' bags), and I have to say, I'm impressed. They are SOOOO MUCH BETTER than the old Road Runner bags that I've had some experience with. They have a nice, soft interior, a good amount of padding, the zippers are really nice, and all of the stitching is great, not to mention the pouches on the inside of them, to store small things. Plus, they look pretty cool. My only complaint is how long the handles are. They have way too much handle. Oh, and they're heavier than the old ones. I put my kick drum in the bag, along with my stick bag and a roll of gaffers tape in the pouch, and it really is much, much heavier.

The floor tom case I got was a 16 x 16, but having a Yamaha floor tom, it's 16 x 15. I can't complain about that, though. It's not entirely that common of a size. My rack tom is 12 x 8, but their 12" cases only come in 12 x 10, which worked out perfect, because that way, I can stack my mini timbale on top of the rack tom and fit both of the drums in the same case. I was worried that it would be hard to find a case for the timbale, but now I don't need one.

All in all, after my first experience with them (had a gig right after I bought them), I'm very impressed. They seem really solid and durable, and at a decent price.

EDIT: I just looked at the Guitar Center website, and realized that their drum guy didn't take into consideration that the bags were on sale, and charged me $70 more than what I could have gotten them for. Just sent him an email. Now I'm bummed.

Last edited:
Back