Music for my skate video?

805Drummer

Gold Member
Hey Drummerworld, I know I haven't been active for awhile--I'm sorry, but that's because I've been working on learning to better use my film and editing equipment for the skate/film camp I'm going to, Camp Woodward.

So basically, I'll be shooting and editing a skateboarding video in the film production camp, and I need a song to edit to. I have to have permission to use it, and it should be fast paced and fun, or slower, but with a solid beat driving it.

Anyone here know any good music I can use, whether you know someone online, personally, or it's your band's music on Myspace? This would be a good chance to get some exposure, because you'd get mad props, credit, etc. although no payment.

Thanks in advance! You can post your myspace/youtube/whatever band here, or PM me or email me...I'm looking forward to picking out some tunes!

Mars, The Bringer of War by Gustav Holst...

Good times my friend, good times.

Rise against would sound cool in a skate video. Especially "Like the Angel". Good song.

The Transplants - California Babylon

Probably the greatest skate song, I think it was used in a Rodney Mullen video...

The Transplants - California Babylon

Probably the greatest skate song, I think it was used in a Rodney Mullen video...

Great song, and I love the Mutt, but I'm more looking for a band that one of you are in, or that you have a friend who's in, not on a label, but just has a Myspace with decent music.

hey man. this is the thing were looking for. i just wanted to give you our link. the music is upbeat and pretty rockin, maybe not what you had in mind but maybe it is? if you like it then lets work something out! www.myspace.com/pk

mikel

PK

Dunno if it's what you're looking for but here's my mates band 'Vinyl Youth'

http://www.myspace.com/vinylyouth

Thought maybe something like the track 'Daily Dice' or 'Leak'. Plus the lead singer/rhythm guitarist Luke is a skater. Just thought you might wanna listen.

hey man. this is the thing were looking for. i just wanted to give you our link. the music is upbeat and pretty rockin, maybe not what you had in mind but maybe it is? if you like it then lets work something out! www.myspace.com/pk

mikel

PK

Dude, both these bands are perfect. The particular video I was working on is done, but for future videos, would it be alright if I could use your songs? Daily Dice from Vinyl Youth and Innocence from PK are PERFECT. PM me or reply...I would credit you with linkage, I just need some kind of official message I can send to Youtube if they get on my case about the music.

Dude, both these bands are perfect. The particular video I was working on is done, but for future videos, would it be alright if I could use your songs? Daily Dice from Vinyl Youth and Innocence from PK are PERFECT. PM me or reply...I would credit you with linkage, I just need some kind of official message I can send to Youtube if they get on my case about the music.

sorry dude, Vinyl youth isn't my band, it's my mates. You'll have to ask them. I'm sure they'll be more than willing though dude.

Hey i have a band and we play some decent music. I would let ya use anything ya wanted just as long as i got a copy to put on my sites. check us out myspace.com/subsistsystem

thanks
Corey of Hacial

Hey i have a band and we play some decent music. I would let ya use anything ya wanted just as long as i got a copy to put on my sites. check us out myspace.com/subsistsystem

thanks
Corey of Hacial

This thread is over a year old mate. I don't even think any of the people on this thread still post on here any more...

Back