Chad Wackerman

mr_hayward_99

just saw him play with alan holdsworth.

all i can ady is this guy is amazing.

he did a mighty fine tony williams impression for alans stuff of

he is one of the best players i have seen play.

its so inspiring

through out the whole show i was awestruck

Thanks v. much chad

Hey Mr Hayward

You must have been at The Stables Wavendon! I was there too! It was great.... Chad is a master. I love that they played FRED. I love the original with Tony Williams and Chad did a great job and really put a lot of this own feel in there too.... which was nice.

Time just flew by though... could have done with another hour or 2!!

Big T

I also saw him a few months ago at the Montreal jazz fest. I was floored.

Amazing.

Effortless mastering of countless time signatures, brilliant and tasteful use of cymbals, especially his china and bells, amazing fills - great use of his high tom, amazing grooves.

We were two drummers together, in a sea of guitarists, and we hardly paid any attention at all to Holdsworth - quite a shame actually !

I subsequently bought the record "All night wrong" which is performed by the same trio. What a band.

I saw him play with Barbara Streisand back in 86 at an invite only show. He had a great mullet back then. Barry Gibbs was there too and did a duet with Barbara. I was really impressed by his drumming.

Chad is so underrated, don´t know why?

Check out his trio´s new DVD (Hits Live). There´s some great drumming going on there.

I think he has his own sound and style, something you can´t say about everyone.

Heard him do some stuff with Zappa years ago. Really impressive drummer!

Agreed. Seems highly under-rated and doesn't get the publicity he deserves.

Saw him here in the UK last year with Allan Holdsworth.

Chad's drumming was fantastic - technical but highly fluid and tasteful.

Bought one of his CDs at the gig. Legs Eleven, check it out.

Actually got it on now. Think I'll go upstairs and practice!

I set up a sponsered drum clinic for him for GC back in 98 in Dallas Tx. for a grand opening store. Picked him up at the local airport and brought him to the store etc.. the show went great and sold alot of DW stuff. After all said and done, he gave me some DW banners and DW 5000 series pedels with bag for helping him. Plus got to get some drumming instruction from him. It was really cool! Nice guy too! Oh and I did get a sign auto poster from him to. I asked him about the Frank zappa days, he told me the story about the audition that day. Frank turned to him about to say yay or nay, And he said "your the most drummer we had all day" Chad siad " that made my day"

I got to see Chad play live in Washington, DC, back in 1990, when he toured with Andy Summers's fusion band. Andy had just released Charming Snakes, so they played all of that material--and it rocked!

I believe Chad had a black DW kit and he played splendidly. One of the best shows I saw back then.

Come on, folks, lets make Chads thread more active.

Im a HUGE Chad Wackerman fan, have all his Holdsworth and solo stuff, and cant think of more than 5 original drummers like him these days.

There´s so much about Chad´s playing that we could discuss here!

Anyone had private lessons with him that could share some experiences?

There´s so much about Chad´s playing that we could discuss here!

I like the way you're thinking!

When it comes to soloing over an odd-time vamp (numerous examples on Wackermans solo cd's), I think he's one of the most musical. And it always sounds fresh and exciting.

I saw him play with Barbara Streisand back in 86 at an invite only show. He had a great mullet back then. Barry Gibbs was there too and did a duet with Barbara. I was really impressed by his drumming.
How did you get tickets? That was a killer production.

Chad is well recognized by the drummers I know.

I often wonder if his humble demeanor is serving his career...hope he is well supported through the difficult financial times musicians are experiencing. He is a real gem of a player!

I remember his daughter was on American Idol a few seasons ago. it was cool to see her dad in the audience. what a musical family!

Back