My Sonorlite kit

jakkerd

Hi i've been lurking here for quite some time and i felt the urge to show my 'new' kit.
I've had for a few months now, played a few gigs with. But i recently changed the way it's setup a bit. Not just functional, but i tried to make it look good.
I left my cowbell en the paiste rude cymbal at a friends house, so those aren't in the pictures. But you get the idea.

Specs:
Sonorlite:
10x9"
12x10"
14x12"
15x15" floor
22x17" bass

Sonor Phonic:
14x6.5" metal snare

Paiste innovations:
14" medium hi-hat
20" heavy ride

Paiste 2002:
8" bell
19" wild crash

Paste Rude:
17"wild crash

Paiste Signature:
18" heavy china

Paiste PST5:
14" thin crash

Sabian B8:
10" splash

Stagg Hand Made:
10" splash medium brilliant 'popped'

Meinl Signature:
8" Kenny Aranoff Cowbell

There are a few unfinished parts. I'm still searchin for a few prism-clamps, so that i can convert the 2 2-way holders into 3-way holders. That way i can put the splash cymbals in the holders.
The bell needs a better arm as well, or a little stack thingie. Haven't decided on that yet.

Anyway on to them pics:

sonor%20-%20005.jpg

sonor%20-%20006.jpg

sonor%20-%20001.jpg

sonor%20-%20002.jpg

sonor%20-%20003.jpg

haha i reckon you've made 805drummer's day just by posting your pics with a fisheye lens. Very good, how easy is it to find heads for the 15" floor tom?

i wouldnt doubt that. i am working with my fisheye on my camera with my kit and this looks awesome. hopefully i can get some like these!

I know a guy who can get pretty much anything, as long as you can wait a week or so. So getting the head isn't a problem.
The room is also too small for a normal lens. Well, that and fisheye on a drumkit just looks cool.

haha i reckon you've made 805drummer's day just by posting your pics with a fisheye lens. Very good, how easy is it to find heads for the 15" floor tom?

Very nice kit, I love it, and the picture quality looks great.

One problem: Too much vignetting. All that black stuff around the picture? That either means a bad fisheye, or too many step-up or step-down rings (or spacers). Vig is bad.

It's a nikon d40 kit lens with a cheap fisheye converter. I use it almost exclusively for my drumkit, so it gets the job done :).

Tx for all the comments, btw.

Back