DW Anniversary Snare Drums

Dave from Perth

Hello

It was a nice day so I thought I'd post some images of the anniversary snare drums from my collection of limited edition DWs. Hope you like them.

25th Anniversary 14 x 6.5 in Fiddleback Maple, Anniversary Amber Lacquer Finish

DSC_0329.jpg

DSC_0327.jpg

25th Anniversary 14 x 6.5 Solid Craviotto Maple in Fiddleback Maple, Natural Lacquer

DSC_0323.jpg

DSC_0321.jpg

25th Anniversary 13 x 5 Edge in Fiddleback Maple, Anniversary Amber Lacquer Finish

DSC_0336.jpg

DSC_0337.jpg

30th Anniversary 14 x 5 Lake Superior Timeless Timber Birch in "Sunburst" Finish with laser-etched rose tattoo design

DSC_0340.jpg

DSC_0347.jpg

Hello Bram.

In answer to your questions...

Isn't Craviotto a custom drum company?? Yes, it is, but Johnny undertook some projects in the late 90s working with/for DW. These included some limited edition solid shell models DW refer to as the "Exotics" series of snare drums and, of course, the famous line of Timeless Timber drums.

There was also a number of one-offs and, in the case of the 25th anniversary model you see here, some rare and very limited runs of specially made drums for dealers and artists.

I understand that Craviotto still occasionally supplies DW with solid shells. These have the diamond shaped Craviotto drum stamp on the inside of the shells, and I think DW like to view themselves also as a custom drum manufacturer.

You can see images of some of the drums mentioned above following the link below which will, in answer to your other question, show most of my collection.

http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59077

Thanks for the interest.

you have some amazing drums my friend. do you gig much in perth i would love to come to a show

Another Perthy - cool, and thanks for the feedback. Our band hasn't played in months. We'll be auditioning for a bass player soon, so fingers crossed. All the best.

Back