very distraught

diosdude

Silver Member
I don't know what to do. My heavy metal band has beat the "moar cowbell" skit like a dead horse so much so that any time i throw in a cowbell pattern in any song the guys bust out laughing and can't play and then they insist that i leave it out. There are times when my guitarist-with-no-sense-of-timimg is so off that the only thing that can cut through the wash and bring order to chaos is a good old cowbell. Then i bust out with,"Trust me!!! You're going to want MOAR COWBELL!!! YOU"RE GONNA WANT IT!!!!" and it just comes out comical. Now i've had to switch to riding the snot out of the China and in my heart it just isn't same. =( What's a person to do????

Get a kit consisting of nothing but cowbells in different sizes.

I have a Pearl Jam block, palstic with the wood sound, you could have for cheap. Get ofF OF that cowbell. NO MORE COWBELL.

You could also put your cymbals up so high that you can only play them standing up like lars ulrich then just say you can't be bothered to put them down and you'll have to use the cowbell. I must admit though that cowbell in metal IS pretty unconventional.

You could also put your cymbals up so high that you can only play them standing up like lars ulrich then just say you can't be bothered to put them down and you'll have to use the cowbell. I must admit though that cowbell in metal IS pretty unconventional.

Pantera did it.
I do it, too...
sometimes.

But, just keep using it and tell them to deal with it.

Tell your guitarist to take some rhythm lessons and find the beat. Better yet, put a football helmet on him and beat your stick on the helmet like the scene in Mr. Holland's Opus.

Or you could just kick him in the nuts everytime his beat wanders.... He'll learn quickly after that. Of course, he'll sound like a little girl....

Duncan, that is sheer genius. I knew i posted my dilemma for a reason. =P

Good. I'm glad I can be of service. If you trawl through the 'home modifications' set, you'll find plenty of pointers on how to convert a bass pedal into a foot-played cowbell. Enjoy your next practice.

Hahahahaha.

Back