Jose Pasillas

***Update***

From Billboard.com

Incubus Members Head To School, Orchestra

June 27, 2008 , 5:55 PM ET

Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.

Having just completed a year-and-a-half-long tour in support of its 2006 album "Light Grenades," Incubus is planning to take a break while its members pursue a variety of endeavors.

On Aug. 23, guitarist Mike Einziger will unveil an orchestral piece in concert at Royce Hall on the campus of UCLA in Los Angeles.

"He did the Time Lapse Consortium, which was a solo thing, even though most of Incubus played on it. But this one is just Mikey," frontman Brandon Boyd tells Billboard.com. "This time, the band will just go to watch. He's moving into ambitious territory."

For Einziger, the concert will serve as a precursor to his enrollment in Harvard's music school to study composition next year. But he's not the only one returning to higher education, as Boyd also plans to enroll in a university art program.

"And, our drummer is having a baby, so there's a lot of normal life stuff going on right now -- school, babies, mortgages," Boyd says.

The band does have one more gig on its schedule: the VH1 Rock Honors salute to the Who on July 12 in Los Angeles alongside Pearl Jam, the Foo Fighters, Flaming Lips and Tenacious D. But afterward, Boyd expects Incubus will probably lay low for an extended period of time.

"I'm of the mind to say it wouldn't be a bad thing to disappear for a year or two years," he says. "A lot of people would say culture moves too fast and you need to remind people, but I would argue there's not any rush. Maybe they'll be a sex scandal or an arrest or something to keep us in the news."

Jose Pasillas is a recent discovery for me. He's absolutely brilliant, I think he definately combines all the best qualities of his major influences. (Stewart Copeland, Tim Alexander ect:)

Does anyone knows how he has been using Pearl racks over the years with DW toms?, I have a Pearl DR-80 Black rack and have a DW drum set as well but dunno what type of tom holders use since pearl designs aren't compatible with DW's.

Does anyone knows how he has been using Pearl racks over the years with DW toms?, I have a Pearl DR-80 Black rack and have a DW drum set as well but dunno what type of tom holders use since pearl designs aren't compatible with DW's.

He doesn't actually mount his toms on the rack. He has a separate stand that is in-between his hi-hat stand and his bass drum...right behind his snare stand.

Hope this helps.

G

does anyone know what kind of snare he uses, because i have seen some videos of performances and it doesn't look like a DW unless that is a rare occurence either way does anyone know?

not sure but if you know or anyone know by any chance what hi hats did he use on the monuments and melodies TOUR

and the 2 main crashes he used were actually the 22" HH Prototype Ride and the 21" HH Vintage Ride right??..or did he go back to his semi old cymbal set up.

Dude im kinda pissed right now. I sent my order paper in to buy my Sabian Hand Hammered 21" Vintage Ride, a 22" Raw Bell Dry Ride and an HHX Evolution Splash 12". I also had an order form for a 20" AAX Studio Crash and and HHX Studio Crash 20". I accidently sent in the aax and hhx crashes one instead of the two rides plus the splash and now im stuck with Jose's old cymbal set up/new cymbal setup (which i didn't want once i found out about his new cymbal setup) for a LONG ASS TIME.

Ha wouldn't you be pissed if this happened to you?

I've been thinking about it as I was reading this topic (and listening to ACLOTM) and I think that it was that album, more specifically the drumming on Sick Sad Little World and Priceless, which caused me to actually start playing 'properly'.

So I think Jose counts as my main influence :)

So looks like Jose is using an acrylic kit now. Also - he's now using DW snares and hardware (though to my knowledge he switched at the end of the band's touring for the last album)

Here's some pics from Incubus' HQ Live show:

269552_10150214524773999_5509303998_7350483_3890530_n.jpg

270348_10150211680008999_5509303998_7317247_3973770_n.jpg

261993_10150212496623999_5509303998_7324631_2097534_n.jpg

264535_10150214526788999_5509303998_7350530_3980668_n.jpg

The snare he uses is a rocket shells snare. And if anyone can find out what china he uses now? I know hes changed it a couple times.

Back