B.O.A. pedal?

• Thread starter Random User Name
  • Start date
Hey Pete, I'm pretty sure the general consensus on the BOA pedal is: Nobody cares:)

That's a bit rational. If nobody cared then this thread wouldn't have started and no one would have an opinion of it.

From the get-go, the issue was at the very
edge of the foot-board. Because it
is so thin, there, you had hairline
cracks develop. Every foot-board I
have looked at has these. They are
or were cut so thin (for flex) but I
think it was too thin.... what am I hopeful for is a design
using a longer and thicker foot-board, with
little or no heel-plate. This would kill two
birds with one stone and I think the pedal
will sell and be the alternative they hoped.

Its safe to say Bob Gatzen does not have a heavy foot and its likely people who do are the ones pushing this design past its limits and experiencing problems.

BOA is a class of gear that requires you to conform to it and that's not desirable, especially with a kick pedal. Nobody cares to adjust/limit their ability to conform to a piece of gear.

BOA is still a work in progress, it wasn't tested enough b/f it was released IMO.

I have a feeling, though, that they
mean to correct all the flaws and
bring a great design to the table
for us to use and enjoy.

Regards,

Pete

I have a feeling, though, that they
mean to correct all the flaws and
bring a great design to the table
for us to use and enjoy.

Regards,

Pete

OK, we'll be 'watching' (and going to shops to try them out-when), but we are keeping score... ground out to second.

BOA- 0 for 1

Ive had the double pedal since it came out. It has a good feel to it. I haven't noticed any of the issues mentioned in this post so far but i switch out pedals all the time so maybe i just haven't used the pedal enough to notice? its anybody's guess.... My one complaint about the pedal is that the pedal board is to smooth and my foot slides around constantly.

Back