Another SMALL kit from TheAnalogKid

TheAnalogKid

Looking back at the two kits I've posted I've on this site (the 360* and the "little" kit) I decided to post my Jungle Kit on here. It's been awhile since I've posted anything on here. Unfortunately, I was laid off last summer and had to sell a section of my gear.

Specs:

Drums:
Kick - 2000 Pearl Export 16"x16" FT (converted to jungle kick)
Snare - Pork Pie 12"x5" Snare (Maple)
Tom - 2005 Pearl Export 13"x10" Rack Tom (Suspended)

Cymbals:
12" Meinl Generation X Johnny Rabb Jungle Hats
8" Meinl Classics Medium Bell
12" Meinl Generation X Filter China/10" Meinl Generation X Filter China (As a stack)
21" Meinl Byzance Dark Ride

Heads:
Kick - Remo Clear Powerstrike 3 [Batter] // Remo Ebony Ambassador [Resonant]
Snare - Remo Coated Ambassador [Batter] // Remo Ambassador Snare Side [Resonant]
Tom - Remo Clear Emperor [Batter] // Remo Clear Ambassador [Resonant]

Sticks:
Vater Power 5A Wood Tip

As always, If you post a question, I'll gladly answer it. Thanks for looking

"Savage" Sausage Mahoney

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    188.6 KB · Views: 1,594
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    208.2 KB · Views: 1,612
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    125.5 KB · Views: 1,540
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    145.6 KB · Views: 1,541
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    245.9 KB · Views: 1,551
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    245.9 KB · Views: 1,519
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    246.2 KB · Views: 1,538
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    242 KB · Views: 1,490
  • 9.JPG
    9.JPG
    246.2 KB · Views: 1,518
  • 10.JPG
    10.JPG
    249.5 KB · Views: 1,515
  • 11.JPG
    11.JPG
    247.6 KB · Views: 3,753
Big Guy sitting behind small drums! I like it! It looks really cool! It is a different experience playing without a tom in front of the snare. I only tried it once. I missed the rack tom.

Sweet kit

How do you like the floor tom as a kick?

It is very good. I like the sound of it as a Jungle kick. However, it needs some muffling. The powerstroke batter helps, but it needs a small pillow for gigs/recording.

Amazing dude!!! can't wait to get a new main kit so I can do this with my current Premier Cabrias!!!

If you're gonna use a floor tom as a kick, I recommend the pearl conversion kit. IMO it's much better, and more affordable than the DW 9000 kit.

Big Guy sitting behind small drums! I like it! It looks really cool! It is a different experience playing without a tom in front of the snare. I only tried it once. I missed the rack tom.

That's the funny thing -- I'm not a big guy (fat perhaps, but not tall) -- I'm 5' 9"-5'10" 220 lbs . I just look big because of the drums are short and small. I'm also sitting up straight, and not slouching as much. It's helped with my technique too, which sadly got really sloppy this summer.

Thanks all for the early comments. Keep 'em coming.

"Savage" Sausage Mahoney

Last edited:
Does theanalogkid like pearl exports? Does the pope shit in the woods?!

I've played them for 10 years, between my first kit, the kit at the school, and this current kit. I'm actually kind of pissed about the shoddy treatment that the 2005 Exports got! They canceled the line because the Forum and Exports were essentially the same kit; not to mention the exotic wraps not selling.

The biggest mistakes they made was changing from metal to wood hoops on the kicks and going from a steel to a poplar shell snare. I wish I would have saved my 2000 Export snare, because the 2005 model didn't cut it, so I converted into it a 14"x5" tymp-tom.

I like the Vision series, and the nice thing is, I can buy Vision VX model rack and floor toms and they are 100% sound compatible to the Exports.

For my next kit, If I were to gig with a 5 piece, I'd like to get the Vision XBX birch line. Of course, money aside the Reference are sweet if you don't have to carry them yourself!

Back