Evans Emad 2 Bass Drum Head

xepher101

Okay so here's my problem: I ordered a new kick drum head (The Evans Emad 2 22") and when it arrived I immediately proceeded to install it I put it on and seated it, but heard little to no cracks and squeaking, so I looked at where the wood ring seats the head to the shell and the head was too big, but not the next size up big, just a little too big so I thought it was a faulty head so I sent it back to get a replacement. A couple days later the replacement arrived, so I was eager to see if it would fit... It did not, it was the same problem, the head was just a little too big so the drum wouldn't seat properly. I am using the PDP Concept Series Maple, and I know a couple of YouTube drummers that use this head on a PDP Concept, so I don't know what to do, should I get a different head or am I doing something wrong? Any help would be appreciated.

you don't "seat" Evans heads, Unlike Remo, Evans heads don't seat by "pushing and cracking". so you won't hear any cracking, just put it on.
the head is always a little bigger than than the drum, and thus will not be snug on the drum. this is normal.

just proceed, put on your head, your hoop and away you go. Evans heads are very easy this way.

Okay, thanks guys, will do.

So because I already tried to seat the head, did that mess up the head?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back