LOOKING FOR BLACK DRUM HEADS

J

Joedrumma

im looking for black drum heads to match my black kit. Anyone know any good black drum heads. I play rock/metal

Besides looks why do they have to be black?

Anyway, you have a multitude of options. Take a look at the Remo, Evans or Aquarian websites, you might be able to find something. It pays to do the homework yourself in the long run. This way you get better product knowledge.

Ebony Pinstripes from Remo will work. Use Ebony Ambassadors on the bottoms if you wish for them to black as well. I used this combo many times over the years. Works well for metal or rock.

I've used the Remo Black Suede Emperors with good luck and a Black X for the snare batter. I had Remo clear ambassadors on the bottoms. Evans also has the Onyx series that are black.

I've seen people run Ebony Ambassadors top and bottom and they sound good. You could run the black coated heads on top or Ebony Emperors on top if you like.

I don't like the Aquarian DeJonnette heads, they are REALLY dry.

BLACK SNARE HEAD

im looking for a black resonant snare drum head. annyone know a good one.

yep, they've got a black suede snare side head, but it's 4 mils so it'll sound a bit different from your standard snare side 3 mil head. I wanna try one of these just to see what it does for the sound.

And, the black suedes are more like a charcoal/gray color because of the flatness of the color. If you want real black, go with the ebonies.

yep, they've got a black suede snare side head, but it's 4 mils so it'll sound a bit different from your standard snare side 3 mil head. I wanna try one of these just to see what it does for the sound.

And, the black suedes are more like a charcoal/gray color because of the flatness of the color. If you want real black, go with the ebonies.

The 1mil thickness wouldn't change it too much, its the texture of the film that changes in this case. I find them quite dry and snappy. Boxy on some drums.

On the other hand, I have used Emperor Snare Side 5mil heads before with fantastic results.

Since more mass = more sustain I find the thicker snare sides like the 5mil Emperor Snare Sides have more tone, but less snare response, but it isn't as large as one might think. 3mil Ambassador Snare Sides are extremely common and extremely versatile. The 2mil Diplomat Snare Sides are very dry, tons of snare response, can sound a bit thin on some drums.

Back