New kit for Music Video!!

Living Dead Drummer

Platinum Member
I'm shooting a video at the end of the month, and Peace is giving me a brand new kit to use!!!

Check it out:

http://www.peace-drums.com/products_01.php?u=47&s=33

Peace D-N-A Series in Black Castle Finish

16" x 24" Bass Drum
8" x 24 Subwoofer
5.5" x 14" Snare
8" x 10" Tom
9" x 12" Tom
12" x 14" Floor Tom
14" x 16" Floor Tom
16" x 18" Floor Tom
16" x 20" Floor Tom

I don't think I'm going to use the 20" floor or Octobons though.

I'll post the video once it's done.

looks nice man, nice finish. have you used one of the same line before? it will look good on a video that's for sure.
who is the video for? or are you under nda? cool stuff.

Pretty awesome, Nick.

I think you have a moral obligation to use the 20" floor tom. :)

Impracticality is not a legitimate reason to not use it. It's a 20" floor tom. Use it.

Does the Peace woofer have a mic mounted?

I have used the D-N-A Series before. Peace lent me a kit for a tour a few years ago. They are great kits for live use, so I know this will sound bitch'n. But then again, it's for a video so the sound doesn't matter and the director wants me to have muste on it anyway.

The video is for one of the bands I am currently working with, Heaven Is Where
http://www.myspace.com/heaveniswhere
The song we are shooting the video for is "Walking With Ghosts"

And the 20" floor won't fit in my car when I go to pick up the kit. That's the only reason I am not going to use it. :(
Don't think they have a mic mounted in the woofer...

oh that is cool. are you a full endorsee for peace? or do they mainly let you borrow kits for videos/promo/tours? either way that's dope. i've never played on a peace kit before, they aren't really heavily stocked in the UK, but they look good enough quality.

the songs sound nice btw, tasteful drumming and strong vocals. i think the UK would like your band, especially magazines like kerrang etc.

Dang, all that?

Jealousy is rising its ugly head...

Hope the shooting goes well. We'll be waiting for videos!

Masonni, I just listened to your band's album on myspace and I love it.

What does a bass drum woofer do exactly?

Masonni, I just listened to your band's album on myspace and I love it.

What does a bass drum woofer do exactly?

In my experience it's half microphone, half resonating device.

Acoustically it does make a difference, but mostly out in front. Behind the kit it's not a massive difference - you'd perceive more behind the kit by adding or removing a floor tom for instance. Out in front, it does add a little low end resonance - again, this is not dissimilar to adding a second bass drum to the kit. When I did a tour at DW one of the demos was the kick with and without a woofer and you could hear the difference in front.

They come with a 112 mounted inside and if you tune them with your bass drum, you can get a resonant note that has some sustain. Best I can characterize this is if you've listened to Bozzio's solo stuff, there's a similarity on the kicks. Billy Ward tunes his kick for punch and the woofer for a note, which is about the best application I've seen.

With the mic inside it acts somewhat like a Subkick, but the low note it picks is an octave or two higher, and it doesn't have the abrupt rolloff that the Subkick does.

I'd never use mine live but that's just my personal taste.

PICS!

So I picked up the kit from Peace yesterday, we start shooting the video in Laguna tomorrow. I'll have pics from the set up soon, but check these out...

23774_381878807889_730687889_4397322_2075130_n.jpg

Un-packing when I got home...

23774_381878822889_730687889_4397323_3962694_n.jpg

They call the finish "Black Castle"

23774_381878937889_730687889_4397326_7248755_n.jpg

10" x 24" Sub Woofer

23774_381878842889_730687889_4397325_328555_n.jpg

The kit as it will be seen in the video

Hey mate the kit and the video is looking really awesome. What's the purple and black heads tho? are they dampening pads?

boring random info: we use the same lighting rig at uni on my TV course as the film crew there were using :)

Hey mate the kit and the video is looking really awesome. What's the purple and black heads tho? are they dampening pads?

boring random info: we use the same lighting rig at uni on my TV course as the film crew there were using :)

Yeah, they had me use mutes on the drums because we were performing outside at night. We did close-up shots though and I took the mutes off for those.

it would be nice to live in that house wouldn't it. :(
drums are looking swish. i take it the video is pretty professional?

it would be nice to live in that house wouldn't it. :(
drums are looking swish. i take it the video is pretty professional?

I could live there!
The video was a real professional deal. We had total rockstar treatment. Catered meals all day, pro makeup and wardrobe departments and the film crew is a was top notch. All the actors who were in the video have done indi and major films before, one of them was even in the original "Hallowee" back in 1978.

Back