Kick Batter Head as a Resonant?

judicialfury

So I ordered brand new Remo Ambassadors for my entire kit on Monday and they came this morning. After the nice FedEx man drove off, I brought in two boxes, opened both, and realized that not only had they given me what I ordered, but that they additionally gave me two brand-new Remo Powerstroke Pro (clear) heads. They're 22-inch heads, so they'd fit perfectly on my kick drum. It just so happens that I'm in need of replacing my kick's resonant head. Would it be dumb to use one of these heads as a replacement?

Lemme know, and, if yes, tell me why!

*Disclaimer: I've already contacted the seller about this, so I have no plans of being dishonest, if anyone happens to care. Lol

I use an Amb for both batter and resonant head. I prefer the open sound.
The same could work for PS on batter, Amb on reso.
The PS makes a nice controllable batter. I don;t like any kind of dampening on the reso head (incl. PS) .

I experimented with this once a while back when I had some various heads laying around.

An Aquarian Super Kick I on the batter side and Coated Emperor up front didnt sound too bad, but it was definitely much drier than I liked.

I saw someone in a local band playing with a Super Kick II on the front of the kick drum with a big Kickport in the middle. It looked really weird, but it sounded like a bass drum....I guess if it works, it works.

Back