Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Introduce Yourself

How long been playing? 5 years
Origin of user name: my initials (imaginative or what)
Top 5 drummers: Neil Peart, John Bonham, Thomas Lang, Billy Cobham, JoJo Mayer
Make of drumkit: CB (yes, yes I know, i am on a tight budget but it does the job at least
Make of cymbal: Stagg (not that bad actually!)
Where do you practice? At Home basically at school occasionally.
Are you in a band/s? Yes, Unknown Flow
Covers or originals? Originals baby!
Style of music: Funk/Metal/Progressive
Favourite take out food: Haggis
How did you start drumming? Recommended by Flute Teacher because i had natural rhythm (apparently)

real name? kayleigh
age? 19
how long been playing? not long enough, a few years
origin of user name? cadence....pretty easy to figure out (we're drummers!)
top 5 drummers? bonham, tony williams, ginger baker, danny carey, and whatever metal drummer is playing the fastest right now. lol
make of drumkit? a mix of pearl and mapex
make of cymbal? zildjian and some cheapo ones from m.f.
where do you practice? basement
are you in a band/s? nope, i don't think i'm quite good enough yet.
covers or originals? covers, that's what we play most.
what style of music? metal, rock- classic, whatever
favourite take out food? white castle and jack in the box
country? us
how did you start drumming? i did it to impress a boy. haha, worked out for me though.

real name christian håkonsen
age 21
how long been playing approx. 12
origin of user name funk, t.o.p!
top 5 drummers jeff porcaro, david garibaldi, dave weckl, jarle vespestad, billy ward
make of drumkit yamaha absolute birch noveau and roland
make of cymbal zildjian + a sabian hhx crash
where do you practice home/my appartment
are you in a band/s not at the moment
covers or originals both
what style of music funk, pop, rock/heavy rock, jazz
favourite take out food pizza and chinese
country from norway, studying in sweden
one really odd fact about yourself i went all the way to ireland for a pint of guinness
how did you start drumming after listening to the drumsolo in "the final countdown" by "europe"

Let me introduce myself

Hey guys and girls around the world, my name is Micky Im from Chile, im 25 and Ive being playing for the last 15 years. Im starting a career as a drummer but its very hard, everybody thinks this is not a job, its just a hobbie.
Im a rock-pop drummer and Im doing it very well as a drum teacher as well.
I made a webpage with my bio, pics and more about me, so if you really wanna know more about you can visit WWW.MIGUELYUDELEVICH.CL and click on the english flag to switch to english version.... and take time to contact me to say what do you think about my site ok?

All the best for you guys....

Micky

Ok you can delete my last post, I think this one is better

real name? Miguel Yudelevich
age? 25
how long been playing? 15 years
origin of user name? Miguel in english is Michael, and the nick for michaels is micky. My familly and friends call me micky since i was born
top 5 drummers? Buddy Rich, Steve Smith, Jeff Porcaro, Steve Gadd G. Bissonnete
make of drumkit? Yamaha stage custom with yamaha copper snare and a mapex mars pro kit
make of cymbal? All zildjian
where do you practice? room and reherseal room
are you in a band/s? yes, and we are doing some takes
covers or originals? original in spanish inlfuenced by the beatles the who the kinks beach boys and more
what style of music? rock pop and hard
favourite take out food? burguers and fries. pizza
country? Chile
how did you start drumming? At School, I was 10 and I applied as a keybordist for the school band. when I realized they didnt have a drummer, I sat on the set and start playing (something I always dreamen on)
visit WWW.MIGUELYUDELEVICH.CL (click on english flag)

real name? Sharon M
age? 15
how long been playing? 3 and a half years.
top 5 drummers? me, Kristina, Shawna, and thats all I know.
make of drumkit? Percussion plus.
make of cymble? Percussion plus, paiste, sabian, adam percusssion.
where do you practice. In my room.
are you in any band/s? Play at church.
What style of music? beach/shag, old rock, country.
favorite take out food? burgers.
country? USA
how did you start playing? I was 11 and started because of a boy.

real name? Nate D
age? 16
how long been playing? 3 years
origin of user name? My first name and the Welsh side of my family's name
top 5 drummers? Steve Jordan, Steve Gadd, Steve Smith, Clyde Stubblefield, "Jabo" Starks
make of drumkit? Tama Swingstar
make of cymbals? Zildjian, Sabian
where do you practice? my bedroom
are you in a band/s? Not yet
covers or originals? covers
what style of music? Blues/funk/rock
favourite take out food? pizza of almost any kind
country? USA
one really odd fact about yourself? I play very softly (which annoys my band teacher constantly) and i'm being possesed by the devil... or was that someone else?...
how did you start drumming? I saw alot of bands with some great drummers when i was younger, and one day i decided to try playing the drums and i've been playing since then.

real name; Jesper Varn
how long been plays ing: On and off more or less since I've started walking...
origin of user name: Oh, it's my real name. Varn (which is actually spelled with two dots over the "a") litterally means "bombshelter" in Swedish...
top 5 drummers: Oh - toughie. I'll have to get back to you on that - two favorites are Keith Moon and Henrik Dahlquist.
make of drumkit: I have two kits - one digital (ION) and one which is put togheter from drums from olympic, pearl and something else, bought at a garage sale.
make of cymbal: Zildjian.
where do you practice: At the local salvation army corps (church). I used to play at home, but we live in an appartment - thus the digital kit - and now the band I'm playing in uses the local church as the "band practice establishment".
are you in a band/s? Yes - both a rock band and the churches brass band.
covers or originals? Yes. :)
what style of music? Mostly rock.
favourite take out food? Sushi.
country? Sweden.
one really odd fact about yourself? Well - Me and my 1 year old daugter have been kicked out from the local "parents and children's music class" after showing up in AC/DC-T-shirts and our own percussion stuff since we "scared the other children"...
how did you start drumming? Like many others I started with mums cookery utensils (a fact that has also contributed to my professional career - I am a chef). My dad played drums and bougt me and my twin brother a beat up kit, which we played My twin brother stopped, whereas I continued in various garageband all through school. I have played on and off in various bands since I was about ten, I think.

Last edited:

real name? Rob Anthony
age? 21
how long been playing? 11 years
top 5 drummers? Carter Beauford, Lars Ulrich, Sonny Emory, Vinnie Paul, Mike Portnoy
make of drumkit? Pearl
make of cymbals? Zildjian
where do you practice? recording studio
are you in any band/s? yeah, a rock band, used to be in a marching band
covers or originals? both
What style of music? punk, metal, ska / reggae, a little jazz
favorite take out food? pizza
country? USA, grew up in the Philippines
one really odd fact about yourself? I do air-drumming a lot when I'm not in the studio
how did you start playing? I saw my uncle's band playing in one of their gigs, and after the show, I tried the kit out, and it felt good, so I got hooked.

HELLO FELLOW DRUMMERS!

I'm still making my way around the drummer forum...this is awesome. Talking with so many drummers and learning alot...so here's a little info on me:

real name? christopher joel lubeski
age? 27
how long been playing? almost 17 years
origin of user name? my intials (cjl) and my birthdate (7-11-78)
top 5 drummers? ringo starr, neil peart, john bonham, pat torpey, don brewer
make of drumkit? Ludwig
make of cymbal? Zildjian
where do you practice? guitar player's house or wherever i can get away with it!
are you in a band/s? yes...THOSE GUYS
covers or originals? right now we're doing covers, but we're starting to work on originals
what style of music? rock...classic, newer stuff, 80's, etc.
favourite take out food? chinese
country? USA
one really odd fact about yourself? i'm the only one in my entire family that's a musician.
how did you start drumming? stealing my mom's pots and pans when i was three years old and banged away at practically anything that represented a drum/percussion instrument.

real name? Fernando M. Gomez
age? 14
how long been playing? 3 years
origin of user name? a cool metallica song =)
top 5 drummers? nat townsley,steve gadd, david weckl, jhon bonham,mike portnoy
make of drumkit? pearl forum
make of cymbals? Zildjian, sabian, paiste
where do you practice? my garage
are you in a band/s? yes 2
what style of music? *band1*all kinds of rock/blues,*band2* jazz/funk
favourite take out food? pizza,mexican food,sushi,in-n-out
country? USA
one really odd fact about yourself? i hate hitting my cymbals too hard
how did you start drumming? my friend would always be tapping along to songs and one day i found my self tapping along to songs also so i got a pair of sticks and a practice pad and played rudiments and stuff for a year then i got my drum kit and iv been adding on to it and stuff and been practicing drums

hi im new here...reali happy 2 know lots of drummer here...

real name? samuel ho yu xing
age? 19
how long been playing? 9years
origin of user name? drummerboykjj...n im a very blur guy
top 5 drummers? Buddy Rich,John Bonham,Vinnie Colaiuta,Virgil Donati,Steve Gadd
make of drumkit? dont have a drumkit :(...but i have a LP matador series bongo n some percussion
make of cymbal? dont have any cymbals too :(
where do you practice? anywhere(most of the time in the toilet)...there is a time when i was walkin 2 my friends house...so i was practicin some beat while walkin...n there is a guy walk pass me then he turn back n ask me weather im a drummer...bcoz he saw me swingin my hand on the air...just like playin a invisible drumset...later i get 2 know tat...he is our country(malaysia) legendary drummer...wat a shock 2 me!
are you in a band/s? Primary Circle,Other Way
what style of music? jazz,latin,blues,rock,fusion,alternative
favourite take out food? anything nice...(asian food)
country? Malaysia
one really odd fact about yourself?im a super duper blur guy.so hit me with your drumstick
how did you start drumming?
when i was 10,1 of my church members he is findin a new drummer 2 play in the chruch...so he ask me weather i would love 2 learn some basic stuff bout drums...slowly i fall in love on drums...then i pick up myself...by listenin n watchin how other people play..

real name? - James Walker
age? - 39
how long been playing? - a little over 25 years
origin of user name? - too lazy to make one up
top 5 drummers? Steve Gadd, Airto, Jack DeJohnette, Manu Katche, Stewart Copeland. Honorable mention to Don Alias.
make of drumkit? Ludwig (late 1970s six-ply maple/poplar) kit; many different makes/models of snare drums.
make of cymbal? - current collection is a mix of Ziljdian, Sabian, Paiste, Wuhan...if I had to choose one brand, it'd be Paiste
where do you practice? - at home
are you in a band/s? - yes, several
covers or originals? - some of each
what style of music? - primarily Caribbean and jazz, with some classical as well
favourite take out food? - Vietnamese. Specifically, food from Bea's Wok'N'Roll in DeKalb, IL. Yes, it's a silly name, but Bea makes some of the best food I've ever tasted. I strongly recommend the Friday "catfish special." Outstanding.
country? - USA
one really odd fact about yourself? - Devoted listener, Coast To Coast AM
how did you start drumming? - When I was in sixth grade, the band director in my school came to the general music classes, canvassing for students to join the school band program. On a lark, I decided to try drums, and it stuck.

James Walker said:
real name? - James Walker
age? - 39
how long been playing? - a little over 25 years
origin of user name? - too lazy to make one up
top 5 drummers? Steve Gadd, Airto, Jack DeJohnette, Manu Katche, Stewart Copeland. Honorable mention to Don Alias.
make of drumkit? Ludwig (late 1970s six-ply maple/poplar) kit; many different makes/models of snare drums.
make of cymbal? - current collection is a mix of Ziljdian, Sabian, Paiste, Wuhan...if I had to choose one brand, it'd be Paiste
where do you practice? - at home
are you in a band/s? - yes, several
covers or originals? - some of each
what style of music? - primarily Caribbean and jazz, with some classical as well
favourite take out food? - Vietnamese. Specifically, food from Bea's Wok'N'Roll in DeKalb, IL. Yes, it's a silly name, but Bea makes some of the best food I've ever tasted. I strongly recommend the Friday "catfish special." Outstanding.
country? - USA
one really odd fact about yourself? - Devoted listener, Coast To Coast AM
how did you start drumming? - When I was in sixth grade, the band director in my school came to the general music classes, canvassing for students to join the school band program. On a lark, I decided to try drums, and it stuck.

Vilkommen Herr Tempusmiester.

real name? Riley Gallagher
age? 25
how long been playing? almost 6 years
origin of user name? first name plus current year. could you have guessed that?
top 5 drummers? Bonham, Copeland, Abe Cunningham, Gadd, Van Halen
make of drumkit? Pacific LX
make of cymbal? Sabian and Zildjian
where do you practice? bedroom
are you in a band/s? not currently, but check out my old band @ www.core13rocks.com Nice dudes.
covers or originals? I'll play whatever
what style of music? punk/classic rock/rock/metal/jazz
favourite take out food? anything vegan. mostly Chinese or Thai
country? USA
one really odd fact about yourself? I live with my parents, 2 dogs and 11 cats. I work at a veterinary clinic as a kennel attendant. I love to take care of and help animals.
how did you start drumming? I was about 14 and playing guitar at the time. My friends and I were hanging out in a band room of a dad of a friend. We had an idea to play some punk songs (Pennywise "Bro Hymn") and they told me to play drums. It was so much fun and I was actually ok. 5 years later I talked my parents into letting have a kit at home, and the rest is history.

More formally in the proper thread...

real name? Spenser
age? 17
how long been playing? since i was 13
origin of user name? know idea. (get it? whoa.)
top 5 drummers? Bonzo, Gadd, Castilioni, Weckl, and Igoe
make of drumkit?Pearl Session
make of cymbal? zbt and wuhan, soon to be k customs!
where do you practice? basement
are you in a band/s? yea a few. Angus Scott Pipe Band (scottish snare drumming is hardcore and crazy different than any other type of drummin ever. seriously. its. a-mazing!) The undefined rulers. a few jam friends. School jazz band, pep band, and marching band.
covers or originals? originals.
what style of music? heavy rock, metal, kind of satriani+beatles.
favourite take out food? jack in the box.
country? US of A w00t.
how did you start drumming? Started playing piano in 2nd grade (still do) and started with school snare drum in 5th (skipped the friggin bells set, though i'm a good mallet player.)

real name?- Cory
age?- 28.
how long been playing?- 24 years.
origin of user name?- Natural Ice / Bacardi Razberry - (NaturalRaz) Clever huh?
top 5 drummers? Carter Beauford, Tommy Lee, Danny Carey, Shannon Larkin, and Me.
make of drumkit?- Sold my kit....(DW Pro).
make of cymbal?- Zildian K.
where do you practice?- On studio sets.
are you in a band/s?- No.
covers or originals?- N/A.
what style of music?- Rock, Metal & Alternative
favourite take out food?- Too hard to answer.
country?- About 5 songs.
one really odd fact about yourself?- I desire to be perfect in everything.
how did you start drumming?- Saw a Tommy Lee drum solo in 1985...I was hooked!

New guy here...

My name is Chris, I live in Michigan, and have been playing since I was about 7 or so...BIG into drums my HS years, playing quads marching band, rated Best Quad Player in Michigan 3 yrs in a row...Pretty proud of it, like Buddy Rich always said, if you are proud of something, make sure people know it! :)

Anyways, I have a Roland TD-7 setup right now and a older 70's Buddy Rich setup, all original...Um, looking to purchase another set, so keep me informed on any finds. :)

Chris...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back