Not looking forward to playing today. The 1st time I've not wanted to teach.

W

wy yung

Yeah, I'm whingeing. :)

I have an infection in one of my internal organs and it's giving me hell. I must teach though because bills must be paid. The infection is affecting my muscles and my pec's are hurting like all buggery. My right shoulder is a mess!

So as any drummer, I'll smile and be positive for my students. Then home to bed.

Sometimes it's hard to drum.

Okay, that's my one complaint for a year.

1st student has arrived. Time to get to work.

Thanks for this forum. It gave me something to do while I waited. See you in 8 hours.

Bummer about the sickness, Wy. I can relate. I've had some pretty nasty health hassles myself so I've spent a lot of time at home lately (hence my activity here - lol) and will go under the knife in December. Bleagh.

So how's the new place going? Did you get to keep most of your students?

Bummer about the sickness, Wy. I can relate. I've had some pretty nasty health hassles myself so I've spent a lot of time at home lately (hence my activity here - lol) and will go under the knife in December. Bleagh.

So how's the new place going? Did you get to keep most of your students?

Still at the old place. That is why I've not put my name on the teacher thread. I'm currently in a state of flux.

Teaching has been tough today but the little 8 year old genius just learned an Afro Cuban rhythm based around the casacara. We began at 70 bpm and by class' end he was playing it at 200 bpm! I was on congas and then one other teacher had to get in on it and jammed on guitar. It made me feel better.

He's going to be phenomenal if he sticks with drums.

Still at the old place. That is why I've not put my name on the teacher thread. I'm currently in a state of flux.

Teaching has been tough today but the little 8 year old genius just learned an Afro Cuban rhythm based around the casacara. We began at 70 bpm and by class' end he was playing it at 200 bpm! I was on congas and then one other teacher had to get in on it and jammed on guitar. It made me feel better.

He's going to be phenomenal if he sticks with drums.

Gee, that's a surprise. I hope the management are behaving better now. It must be a buzz to have an amazing youngster at your tutelage.

I feel very proud. He works his butt off for it. 8 years old and practicing 3 hours a day! Incredible.

Well if you love what you do, it's not work, it's fun

Well if you love what you do, it's not work, it's fun

True, he does love it.

Here he is!

IMG_0575Taso2.jpg

Back