First song you played along with on drums?

First song played I played to was Listen to the Music on the Doobie Brothers Toulouse Street album.

Guess the song. 1970s ...

DA! DA! DA! .. DA DA DA-DA! .. DA! DA! DA! .. DA DA!

(no, not Cat's in the Cradle)

I believe this was the first song I played with other "musicians", probably sounded like your phonetics... Smoke on the Water?

Mary's thread got me thinking about this.

For me it was "New York groove" by ace frehley of all things.

No way I can remember the first song but there's about a 90% chance it was either a KISS song or something by black sabbath.

I started playing a snare drum my 8th grade year, and my freshman year in high school was my first time ever behind a drumset. I was hanging out after school and the basketball pep band was screwing around and I was the only drummer in sight, so they had me try and play Spinning Wheel. It was a glorious failure.

I have no idea. Probably something by blink 182/ greenday. I know the first thing I played live was complicated by avril lavine. I sat in with my dads band at a new years gig with my sister doing vocals. I've always thought that was a cool first gig

it was either KISS "Rock & Roll All Night" or Kansas "Carry On Wayward Son" it was 1976 & I was 6 yrs. old. seems like yesterday...lol

Bonzolead

Probably some Nirvana song from Bleach. About A Girl, probably.

The first song I learned on the drums was "Still Loving You" - Scorpions

Really thinking hard about what it might have been. I think it was
"The Actor' by the Moody Blues.

Killer by Cozy Powell..... which was rather difficult being 6 years old without a double pedal. I still love that song to this day :)

A VERY interesting story behind this one.

My first "real" drum set (an OLD 4 piece Gretsch Blue Sparkle) came with a 45 RPM vinyl that was recorded with the ACTUAL drum kit I was purchasing. The seller's son was the drummer on the record and gave up the drums and went off to college leaving the set behind at his parent's house.

I was fascinated with this fact and promptly sat down at the kit and practiced the song over and over until I learned it note for note....with the original kit.

Surprisingly, just for kicks, I looked it up on Youtube (not expecting anything) only to find THIS!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUZe-Zf67h4

I swear, the internet has EVERYTHING!!!!!!!

no lie. that has to be the most amazing story i've ever heard. and to find a copy of it on youtube in mint condition no less.

you win. any idea where the kid is now ? the drummer from the recording i mean.

and for myself, "Bang A Gong (Get It On) " by T Rex/ Power Station

Dr.Strange Funk------

"no lie. that has to be the most amazing story i've ever heard. and to find a copy of it on youtube in mint condition no less.

you win. any idea where the kid is now ? the drummer from the recording i mean."

Jazz man----I have no idea. That was 42 years ago! I think it was a pretty small group (The Doorknobs). Nothing shows up on the Web.....except that 45!!!

I'll tell ya though, I REALLY wish I never would've sold that 4 piece Gretsch. It was a round badge kit, all maple. I had NO idea what a quality set that was back then. ARGH!!!

Balcony Rock, on Dave Brubeck's "Jazz Goes To College" album circa 1956. I was 13 and thought Joe Dodge was amazing.

I still do, even when comparing him to his successor, Joe Morello. Talk about less is more!

Brain Stew, thats the first song my friend learned to play when she was 14. Its pretty easy to learn

I believe it was Rock Of Ages by Def Leppard as my drumset came with a cowbell.

Back