Lost software disc for Roland SPD-SX!!! What can I do?

Bran

I recently received a Roland SPD-SX pad this Christmas,

but the wave manager software disc that came with it with all of the files

has been lost. Is there anywhere I can download them online or buy

replacement software?

Thank you

Thanks, Blackstone. I got the software, but I was pretty sure the disc came with samples and sounds preloaded on it that you could put into the application. Is that correct? (I didn't get a chance to put it in before it went AWOL).

And, Denisri, I'll let you know here when I can use it! I've been lacking some crucial things, you know, like a working disc drive on my laptop and haha.

I believe it only has the samples that came on the unit originally. Not many. It is a sampler. But you can download the samples that were on the spd s. And you can also download samples from the spd20. Click around that link. There are also free samples all over the internet.

What sounds are you looking for? The spd SX has a pretty big learning curve. Once you get it though, it's easy, fun, creative and very powerful. I love mine.

Blackstone and Bran
Thinking about buying one...would like to know your experiance with the SPD-Sx. Thanks

Oh! Blackstone, so you're saying the sounds/samples that come standard with the SPD-SX are already in the pad's memory, and that the disc is just the application?

My experience has been good. But I didn't start with the the SX. I got the spd30 first, that got me into electronics. Electronics are not as easy to add in with acoustics as companies tells us. Monitoring is huge. Probably the most important thing. I knew what I wanted and was ready to do what I needed to make it work. I'm still learning all the time. If all you want is a few one shot sounds, that's easy.

What are you looking to do with the SX? Electronics can get really expensive. Theirs more to it than just getting a module and playing. You may be able to get away with something cheaper depending on your needs.

Oh! Blackstone, so you're saying the sounds/samples that come standard with the SPD-SX are already in the pad's memory, and that the disc is just the application?

Yes. You should just be able to do a factory reset and be all set.

I recently received a Roland SPD-SX pad this Christmas,

CRIKEY!! That's a hell of a gift!

I got the software, but I was pretty sure the disc came with samples and sounds preloaded on it that you could put into the application. Is that correct? .

The disk contains the software program/application needed to assign WAV files to your SPD.

Thinking about buying one...would like to know your experiance with the SPD-Sx. Thanks

I don't know how you will be using it but, for me, this is a coolest tool in the world.

I play in a couple a 3 piece bands and use the SPD to play backing track segments live. It works really really well.

I erased all the percussion sounds to make more room for keyboard, horn, and synthesizer parts. The pads can be tough to hit but you can add four remote triggers (pads) and easily hit them.

Back