Your favorite album of 2009!!

Them Crooked Vultures

Dave always delivers

Hard to pick a favorite track, but I'd have to say Elephants or Gunman. Crazy drum parts

Only By The Night - Kings of Leon.

I really just like the overall feel and sound of the songs on this album. At first I was skeptical about the band, but after hearing this album I decided to check out their earlier albums and I'm sold on them. They're a groovin band.

I Love that album...drumming is so top notch, he plays for the songs so well, favorite drumming is definitely revelry and use somebody. though their earlier stuff didn't peak my interest...

does anyone know anything about a new Godsmack album? I went to see a concert earlier this year, they said they were coming out with a godsmack V, but it never came...is it happening?!

It's a tie between:
DMB - Big Whiskey
John Mayer - Battle Studies

I thought the new Muse album had some of the best songs, but also some of the worst stuff they've ever recorded. Sigh. I hate mixed bags.

Gonna go with The Dead Weather - Horehound.

Nice to have an album where it sounds like actual drums being played. I really like Jack White's drumming on this disc. Him and Alison Mossheart sound good together too.

Without a doubt I say Living Colour with their latest studio release in the last 6 years, "The Chair In The Doorway". I got hook on them in the beginning of the 90s with album such as "Vivid" and "Time's Up" and Will Calhoun was always a prefered of mine.

Now "The Chair In The Doorway" is the true & deep Living Colour sound, sometimes hard & heavy, sometimes soft & gentle - No compromise they are Living Colour and they are back in their purest form. If ever you were fan back then, offer you a gift and get back to the roots of their sound & style.

To me and what do I know but to my musical taste, "The Chair In The Doorway" is the album of the year 2009.

Alice in Chains: Black Gives Way To Blue
Pearl Jam: Ten Legacy Version
Otep: Smash The Control Machine
All great albums

Muse - The Resistence!!

Amazing album! amazing band! im gonna see them live at MSG!

it is a good album but it took time to grow upon me. were amazing at O2 arena wish i could go to wembley but i cant :(.

Gonna go with The Dead Weather - Horehound.

Nice to have an album where it sounds like actual drums being played. I really like Jack White's drumming on this disc. Him and Alison Mossheart sound good together too.

yes, yes and yes - the most brillant rock album in years...

Hey all,

Havent posted in some time. Long year... I happen to have a fine answer for this.
2009 gave me an all-time favorite.

The Hazards of Love - The Decemberists

I recently stopped listening to music like a drummer and kinda realized my own potential role as a contributing musician to my band. I started to turn to alot of older style music and gained an appreciation for something different in music. This album was one of the first that I ever really fell for. It is so perfectly organized and produced (bravo Tucker Martine) and of course, in my own opinion, elegantly written and performed.
It is a proper throw back to a classic progressive rock and roll sound typical of the late 60s and early 70s. And, where many bands use a low fidelity approach to capture that sound, Martine and the Decemberists use vintage instruments and analog recording to get a beautifully clear and warm tone throughout the entire album.
This album also had something else beside perfect sound (imo). The Hazards of Love is a concept album that follows a plot song to song. It has 4 speaking characters two of which are played by lead singer/writer Colin Meloy.

(if it makes it any better, the band performed the album in its entirety for the duration of their 2009 tour.)

4) Leaves' Eyes - Njord

Oh yeah, that is a great album! I'm listening to it right now.

Re others on your list:
Black Sun Aeon I have a hard time getting into. I love Tuomas in Before the Dawn and Dawn of Solace, but he doesn't mix up the melodic and aggressiveness as much in Black Sun.

Back