Music writting software

Karmouss

Hi everyone,

does anyone know a good software to write drum scores, easy to use, and which works on mac.

Thanks a lot

Karmouss

Sibelius or Finale. If you want something a bit different and are willing to learn some basic code, Lilypond.

I use noteflight.com, everything is done in your browser, though the free membership is limited in terms of voices. You can pay the premium for $49/year and get more voices and better sounding instruments.

I like it because you can share notation to anyone you wish, there's a youtube sync feature which is really cool and as mentioned, it's all done in your browser!

There is also musescore and musedit that are free programs, not the greatest but it works.

Pencil and paper works fairly well almost anywhere, quite easy to use for most people

Guitar Pro.

I've got 5 on my laptop, the guitarist in my band gave me his copy so he can write guitar, email me the track and I add drums, and the best thing is it all goes onto one score.

Works for us... you can add lyrics onto the score to, so you can figure out how a song can be constructed easily.

Only thing you can't do easily is writing in the \\ repeat phrases and note on ppp, pp, p, mp, mf, f, ff, sff.

Back