Axis question

My guess is this s a new pedal... But I didn't see the significance of what A11 means or is...with A21 it's the 21 degree beater angle, but didn't see anything on the website signifying what 11 means (as far change goes) other than the pedal allows amplified dynamics for controlled attack and balance...

A11 is an 11 degree beater angle. Same principle, but apparently the 21 degree angle doesn't work with the shortboards due to the higher footboard angle. So it's been decreased by 10 degrees with this pedal :)

A11 is an 11 degree beater angle. Same principle, but apparently the 21 degree angle doesn't work with the shortboards due to the higher footboard angle. So it's been decreased by 10 degrees with this pedal :)[/QUOTE
Are you sure the 21 does not work with the shortboards? Does it really crank up the footboard angle? If so that would not work for me as I'm into low foot boards.

A11 is an 11 degree beater angle. Same principle, but apparently the 21 degree angle doesn't work with the shortboards due to the higher footboard angle. So it's been decreased by 10 degrees with this pedal :)[/QUOTE
Are you sure the 21 does not work with the shortboards? Does it really crank up the footboard angle? If so that would not work for me as I'm into low foot boards.

I read an interview with Alfred Berengena (the guy who the pedal is designed for) translated from Spanish, and that was basically what he said.

Cool man. Thanks!

Do you know if the 11 degree let's the footboard set lower the the original beater part?

I wouldn't think so, no. I just assume that the footboard height to beater angle ratio wouldn't be as severe as the A21s.

If you want a lower footboard, order the toe spacers from Axis and attach them to the top-side of the footboard (as opposed to underneath). That's what some have been known to do with the Axis X shortboards, which have the highest footboard angle out of all the Axis pedals. That said, you'd likely have problems with the footboard bottoming out before the beater makes contact with the head if you make it too low ...

Back