Good, cheap double pedal.

SeveringDozza

Ok, I want a 2nd double pedal because I practice with my band at college nearly every day and I'm sicking of setting and unsetting my Pearl Eliminator's from my kit constantly so I want to get a 2nd double pedal which I'll use for practice at college.

I'll also use this for my practice pad so I don't have to keep unsetting my Pearls too.

What's a good but cheap double pedal you guys recommend?

Thanks.

Look into the VEX. Cost $99. Factory direct. It'll last you at least a year or two.

Right on Harry. I have one. I don't use it often, just not my style, but its made very well and for 99.00 shipped, you can't go wrong.

I third that. I've had mine over a year, and play it exclusively practicing and gigging. My band is not a metal band, but I do like that style, so I play that when I'm not with the band, and it's done it's job for the money I paid. You should get at least a year or more out of it, even playing heavy on it. My only "tip" if you will, is just to check the hex nuts and tighten everything on a reular basis. I do this just for piece of mind.
I know there is a large percentage of people who would tell you to "save up" for a better pedal, but since you already have the step up pedals, the Vex is just what you need.

Vex pedals are great for the price, and you should be able to get a few years out of the like others said.

In the interest of fair and balanced reporting (and fair warning):

I too bought a Vex a while back so I wouldn't have to drag my IC's back and forth from my home practice kit and my 'real kit' at our practice location.

They literally fell apart after 2 hrs playing (pin that connects pedal to heel plate broke...on slave pedal, no less), and after getting absolutely nowhere with them for about a month, I finally had to send my credit card company after them before they finally agreed to take them back. What a shame.

They're certainly cheap and plenty of people have had good enough experiences with them, but during my research while trying to get them returned, I found that my story was unfortunately a far too common occurrence. As much as I'd like to try another set, there's no way I'm chancing another run-in with their deplorable Customer NO-Service folks.

Quality aside, there was absolutely no reason for treating a customer the way I was treated by that company.

IMHO, going with Vex is a crap shoot at best, and I'd seriously at least consider watching your favorite haunts for a decent used set of something (anything) else.

Cheers!

I would recommend the pearl powershifter pedal for about $150, it is a really good pedal for the price, it is almost like the eliminator just with a lot less adjustments, and I have had nothing but good come out of that pedal. I have the eliminators too and I think they are amazing for what they are priced at, I wouldn't go for anything more.

Honestly is it that much work to take your bass pedals off and transport them? I'd rather save my money and do just that. I've done that numerous times when going to play someone elses kit, never been a big deal to me, certainly allot easier than carrying a whole kit!

Honestly is it that much work to take your bass pedals off and transport them? I'd rather save my money and do just that. I've done that numerous times when going to play someone elses kit, never been a big deal to me.....

Detach slave pedal, detach connecting rod, detach main pedal, pack in case, reassemble at home, rinse, repeat 3x per week ad nauseum (150 times per year)?

Time IS money. If it takes me 20 minutes combined each time, that's 50 hours per year I waste lugging pedals back and forth. At a reasonable time-is-money rate of $15/hr, that's $750.00 gone.

Thanks for making me think about this; I believe I have assembled an air-tight justification for a second set of IC's. I wonder if the wife will buy off on the fuzzy math.......

Cheers!

PDP double pedal

its also $100

mine has lasted two years and is fine.
and i need a better pedal now...

Which goes back to what is said on here many times. Save up a little more and buy a better pedal to start. Tons of great deals out there on e-bay and craigs list you just have to watch for them. I'd pick up a good used medium to high end pedal if it were me. You won't outgrow the pedal as quickly with your playing ability and it will end up being more enjoyable to use.

Back