Stomp Drive, Direct Drive Systems, Direct Drive System for Tama Iron Cobra Pedal

If ,or when you make a stomp drive for the eliminator you should make it fit without any of the plastic cams installed. There would be less pieces involved, less chance for any sort of play or looseness, and plastic pieces to fail or get worn out. BUT I think you should also make a design that looses the cam totally, like this one http://derekroddy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16972 . It would have alot lighter feel, and that guys design also has a VDL(Axis) like adjustment option. Your design offers only one feel for the pedal, which you may like or not.
Installing a totally new DD system and taking the cam out would be harder to do but I believe most pedals have a similar axle. I guess some are metric sized afferentnd others are measured in inches( whatever you call your american system) so you wouldn't have to desing a different cam attachment for every pedal.

If ,or when you make a stomp drive for the eliminator you should make it fit without any of the plastic cams installed. There would be less pieces involved, less chance for any sort of play or looseness, and plastic pieces to fail or get worn out. BUT I think you should also make a design that looses the cam totally, like this one http://derekroddy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16972 . It would have alot lighter feel, and that guys design also has a VDL(Axis) like adjustment option. Your design offers only one feel for the pedal, which you may like or not.
Installing a totally new DD system and taking the cam out would be harder to do but I believe most pedals have a similar axle. I guess some are metric sized afferentnd others are measured in inches( whatever you call your american system) so you wouldn't have to desing a different cam attachment for every pedal.
Thats our plan. The Eliminators just came in so were starting soon.
Our goal is for people not having to tear the entire pedal apart.
I mean I understand the VDL benefits. but if we can create adjustments without removing pedal components that would be the most awesome thing I believe. As a drummer I would rather add instead of breaking down my pedal. I appreciate your words. Thanks for sharing anzi.
Cheers

Another question for you here. Just saw that Tama came out with these babies:

http://www.tama.com/new

This looks like everything I'd want in a pedal minus the DD. So will the Iron Cobra part fit on this and if not, how likely is an aftermarket part for the Speed Cobra? Also, will it fit on the IC jr?

Another question for you here. Just saw that Tama came out with these babies:

http://www.tama.com/new

This looks like everything I'd want in a pedal minus the DD. So will the Iron Cobra part fit on this and if not, how likely is an aftermarket part for the Speed Cobra? Also, will it fit on the IC jr?

It might we havent tested that. Might be something to look into because it is a new pedal and no one has really requested it. or mentioned until now. We also do not know that yet. I had a guy email yesterday asking about the IC Jr. All I could say is if he wanted to try them we have a respectable return policy. You can buy try and return. heres our Policy.
You can do this for the new SC and the IC Jr.

Returns Policy

All products are returnable.
Products must be returned within 7 days.
Returned in acceptable 100 percent sellable condition, like new.
All products need to be returned to 2400 B North First Avenue Evansville,Indiana.
When you return a product you must email us at [email protected].
Products must be in original packaging to be returned.

I had a guy email yesterday asking about the IC Jr. All I could say is if he wanted to try them we have a respectable return policy.

Actually that was me. I don't own an IC jr at the moment, was more researching different options. It seems a bit spend-ey to rush out and buy a linkage and pedal if I'm not sure yet if they'll work together. I was hoping this was something you had already tried before. R&D or something like that...

I think the idea is marvelous, but I have one concern: have you checked whether it is entirely legal to use the Iron Cobra brand to market your product? What I mean to ask is that do you know whether or not Tama Drums is able to drag you to court, put you out of business, and later on venture to offer a similar product at a cheaper price after seeing how large a demand the Stomp Drive can generate?

Actually that was me. I don't own an IC jr at the moment, was more researching different options. It seems a bit spend-ey to rush out and buy a linkage and pedal if I'm not sure yet if they'll work together. I was hoping this was something you had already tried before. R&D or something like that...
Well R&D does not apply for the IC Jr. Because it is built for the IC Power-Glide. I have had numerous emails about the IC Jr. We have no purchased the IC Jr. Were working on designs for the Pearl Eliminator and DW 7000 And Upcoming Mapex Falcon. But someone might take the chance to try it on the Jr. But like I said we designed it for the IC Power- Glide. But I understand where your coming from, specially when you dont even have the pedal.

I think the idea is marvelous, but I have one concern: have you checked whether it is entirely legal to use the Iron Cobra brand to market your product? What I mean to ask is that do you know whether or not Tama Drums is able to drag you to court, put you out of business, and later on venture to offer a similar product at a cheaper price after seeing how large a demand the Stomp Drive can generate?
Thank You. What we are doing is completely legal, because we are not using the Iron Cobra name to market our product. Our product is a Retrofit: the addition of a new accessory, technology, or feature(s) to an older system. Our Product is an add on. We are not claiming to be Tama, nor does our product incorporate the Tama name on it. Our product is marked, or lazer engraved Stomp Drive. They are not able to drag us into court. What we are doing is completely legal. Retrofitting is not a crime. If and when the Tama name is used by our company it is to indicate what our product is used with or for. So the use of their name in fact if anything drives traffic for them. Tama is too large of a company to built retrofit kits for the IC Power-Glide and older pedals. Their solution would simply be to build a new Direct Drive Drum Pedal. But yes what we do is completely legal. The only times their company named is used. Would be on our site and to inform what our product is for. We are Stomp Drive.

Thank You. What we are doing is completely legal, because we are not using the Iron Cobra name to market our product. Our product is a Retrofit: the addition of a new accessory, technology, or feature(s) to an older system.

Kind of like the aftermarket for cars. Tons of stuff there.

I think this is a very cool idea. I'd be interested in seeing this for a DW5000. That's a pretty popular pedal.

Yup true.
Thank You. Were about to start design on the DW7000. You can vote on our website for which pedal u want. its a poll on the homepage. Thanks for the advice Pavlos

I'm pretty sure if it fits the 7000 it will probably fit the 5000 without too many adjustments...

That would be great if it did.

Mr STOMP,

If you could fashion an adjustable link* like the one below for AXIS, you'd have a lot of buyers.

*@ 2:54 of this vid

..............................................................................................................

Attachments

• Picture 7.png
    Picture 7.png
    80.9 KB · Views: 11,052
It's great that you designed separate beater angle and footboard height adjustments for elims! I still miss that vdl-like adjustment, but eliminator has the powershifter heelplate... This is starting to get tempting. Could it be possible for you to measure how much your linkage weights compared to pearls belt and/or chain.I could really feel the difference with the chain and belt, which was alot lighter. I really should get paid more for my gigs so I could afford to try these. :)

Sumthin' like this for AXIS please!

Attachments

• Picture 7.png
    Picture 7.png
    30.6 KB · Views: 11,116
It's great that you designed separate beater angle and footboard height adjustments for elims! I still miss that vdl-like adjustment, but eliminator has the powershifter heelplate... This is starting to get tempting. Could it be possible for you to measure how much your linkage weights compared to pearls belt and/or chain.I could really feel the difference with the chain and belt, which was alot lighter. I really should get paid more for my gigs so I could afford to try these. :)

Thanks. As far as weight, I cant tell you just yet, but very soon. But I can use our Stomp Drive system for Iron Cobra and compare. The weight of the original chains of the Iron Cobra are 2.0 ounces. Our direct drive system for the Iron Cobra only weighs 3.3 ounces fully assembled. So the difference between those are nearly 1.3 ounces. But the Eliminator has a blet and its kinda light, But its attachment pieces are heavy so it might pan out to weight not much more than the original belt just as the Iron Cobra. But were not certain yet. I will keep you informed. :)

the original chains of the Iron Cobra are 2.0 ounces. Our direct drive system for the Iron Cobra only weighs 3.3 ounces fully assembled.

An ounce is a fairly considerable amount of weight... so IC will be even heavier (by 1.3 oz) than stock. Hmmmm

I have to say, if it weren't for the fact that these are $100 BEFORE shipping I'd likely already have a set. As awesome as it is, I just literally cannot see what justifies that cost. Surely the materials aren't that expensive, and I heavily doubt there's that much to the manufacturing process.

I have to say, if it weren't for the fact that these are $100 BEFORE shipping I'd likely already have a set. As awesome as it is, I just literally cannot see what justifies that cost. Surely the materials aren't that expensive, and I heavily doubt there's that much to the manufacturing process.
We believe in satisfying customers in any way we can. Our work and products are top quality and very precise. We use precision CNC equipment. Our Products are built to help you. Also to better you and give drummers who want direct drive, on there pedals, the possibility. Quite a bit can go into machining, finishing, and assembly. But thank you for your kind words. Also shipping is a flat rate of nearly $6. We are currently machining the Pearl Eliminator Retrofit. It features an adjustable link. For those who want to adjust the beater independently from the foot board.
This new design can be viewed here.

http://www.stompdrive.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=92&func=view&catid=9&id=41

Back