Drums for your steering wheel (new product)

Sticks

Have people seen this yet?
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/smackattack/smack-attack-the-drum-set-for-your-steering-wheel

It's a steering wheel cover that adds drum sounds to the music you're listening to in your car. It's called "Smack Attack". Music and your drumming can be wirelessly sent to your stereo and played over your existing car speakers. No installation required, the cover fits on any steering wheel, and operation is completely wireless.

At $99, I think a bunch of people will want this. Anyway, just thought I'd post in case people hadn't seen it. It's been in a bunch of tech magazines, but I haven't seen many drummer publications talking about it.

- Drummer Doug

Should be interesting to see how having this product would correlate with traffic accidents. As if driving isn't already dangerous enough...

Looks like law suites and accidents waiting to happen to me.

If playing drums on the steering wheel of my car means I might be involved in a serious automobile accident that could cause harm to myself and others... well, then, I guess that's a risk I'm willing to take.

No thanks, while I do tap on the wheel when I'm driving I don't need to get distracted thinking about which part of the wheel to hit to get the sound I want.

8Mile I really hope there's a lot of sarcasm in that post.

Talk about distracted driving!

If playing drums on the steering wheel of my car means I might be involved in a serious automobile accident that could cause harm to myself and others... well, then, I guess that's a risk I'm willing to take.

8Mile I really hope there's a lot of sarcasm in that post.

Oh, that's definitely not sarcasm. :)

I, for one, am fully willing to risk incredible physical and emotional injury to myself and others to play some MIDI sounds on my steering wheel. ;)

Back