Starting a Tuned instrument, cant decide.. Trumpet Or Sax

MicB

Hey guys,
For a while now been thinking about starting a tuned instrument alongside with my drumming and ever since i started getting into music i have really been into trumpet and sax so right now I am at the stage where I cant decide which one to go with!!

I love the sound of both instruments but struggling to pick one! Im right into jazz, funk, latin but something is pulling me towards the trumpet!

Any help or does someone want to try and convince me on a certain instrument!

Trumpet is cool.
I know that the Sax is more popular.
I have just always liked the sound of the trumpet.
When I play with my jazz band I often can't wait for Sax solo to end and the trumpet solo to begin.

I would suggest the trumpet.

You don't have to fuss with reeds and the bulkiness.

I played trumpet for 5 years as a youngster.

If you really get into it, you can pick up a cool little pocket trumpet and they're a lot of fun to play.

Pocket%20Trumpets.jpg

I'd suggest trying both. I played trumpet because when I first tried to play sax it was way too hard to get sound out of it and when I did, the reed buzzed my mouth too much. I ended up moving to euphonium because my tone was better with the bigger mouth piece.

They are quite different instruments to play,

I mostly played Trombone but I can play Trumpet, I could never really get used to playing a reed or a lot of the other technique that comes with a sax, I find brass much easier.

It would definitely be worth trying both for a decent amount of time, just see which one you prefer.

Back