Shure Slc2 / E2C in ear headphones

Grace :)

A while ago I was recommended the shure e2c in ear headphones (now the scl2, I believe) as an affordable headphone that would allow me to play along to music without blasting it too loud.

I read some good reviews on the earphones and decided to save up to get them. I now have the money but stumbled across this on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n26QbyN-HW8

It's basically saying that they're not so good. What is your experience (as a DRUMMER) with these headphones -have you found that they are good enough for what you need if you have ever used them?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnpSK6uI1a8&feature=related
^this guy also gave a great review of the earpones but reading his comments now he seems to have changed his mind for some reason

It would be great to have some feedback from drummers -as opposed to people just using them as ordinary headphones as I would ideally like these so I can play music while drumming without having to play it dangerously loud

I own these and they are good but not great.

They're single driver so many prefer the higher end models that with dual drivers will give you better bass reproduction and a better quality sound.

I like that I can make mine fit really well and block out most of the ambient sound. For around $100 they were a good deal.

Other pairs are certainly better but the ones you have are decent and will do the job.

Just make sure you get a really good fit and you'll be OK.

I'm using Etymonics 6i's. I like them, and they're only $60-70. Probably not the greatest, but good for the price.

Don't know how much you are looking to spend, but if you can afford to do so, I would recommend a custom fit in ear. I have the Ultimate Ears UE-7's, and they are one of the best investments I have ever made after my kit. They aren't cheap, but they are well worth it. They do have a dual driver cheaper pair for $400 that are custom, but again, you'll love the difference, good luck.

Any further advice on this, im really interested in getting a pair as big cans suck my iphone battery so fast! The er6i's look quite good, but build quality dosnt seem that great..?

As for the customs i looked them up for UK.. £400 for the cheapist customs.. seriously thats abit crazy! So can you get them most places in the US? Might be worth finding someone to buy me a set in $$$ and poping them in overseas parcel..

Thanks!

Been using EC2 for 2 years for practicing and have been very happy with them. Honestly they sound good and allow you to have lower volume than traditional over the ear phones. For the money I don't think you can beat them.

Back