Female Rock Voices.

Anne Beeche from The Jackets.

No, I'm just kidding. I know she's already been said, but ANN WILSON FROM HEART. Seriously. It's one of the best female voices ever.

That choir soprano guest from the last song on Evanescence's Fallen was good, too. (Souned opera-ish, stood out) She was the best part of their entire discography.

As per your request, improving...=D

Cheers,

As we say in America, "the squeaky wheel gets the grease." Thanks, Ian, for the really nice grease. I became an instant fan of Simone Simons and I've never heard of her before this thread. Easy on the ears and eyes.

And although she was bested by a ham sandwich (allegedly) Mama Cass was the real deal.

For the record, Ann Wilson is the best female voice in rock n roll history. That's just this man's opinion, but I feel it's shared by many.

Grace Slick=Jefferson Airplane

Lydia Lunch

Belinda Carlisle=go gos

Siobhan Fahey, Keren Woodward and Sara Dallin=Bananarama

The lead singer from "4 Non Blondes" had an awesome voice.

Please any list that does not have Janis Joplin is not a list at all IMO.

1) Janis Joplin
2) Ann Wilson (Heart)
3) Amy Lee (Beautiful and a gorgeous voice too)
4) Chrissie Hynde (Pretenders)
5) Stevie Nicks (Fleetwood Mac)
6) Linda Perry (4 Non Blondes)
7) Pat Benatar
8) Susanna Hoffs(This may be due to looks I admit : )
9) Sheryl Crow
10) Melissa Manchester

I'm in a new band in philly called Elevator Fight fronted by Zoe Kravitz

check it out at myspace.com/elevatorfight
or follow at twitter.com/elevatorfight

we only have a demo up now but are in the process of recording, hopefully have new stuff up by the end of the week. More updates to come...

Attachments

• l_c8fbbef60b5d42abafdfc057c03eb0bf.jpg
    l_c8fbbef60b5d42abafdfc057c03eb0bf.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 297
Amy Lee from evenescance is the first that comes to mind.

Please any list that does not have Janis Joplin is not a list at all IMO.

1) Janis Joplin
2) Ann Wilson (Heart)
3) Amy Lee (Beautiful and a gorgeous voice too)
4) Chrissie Hynde (Pretenders)
5) Stevie Nicks (Fleetwood Mac)
6) Linda Perry (4 Non Blondes)
7) Pat Benatar
8) Susanna Hoffs(This may be due to looks I admit : )
9) Sheryl Crow
10) Melissa Manchester
Wow! Janis wasn't mentioned until late in the thread by RogerLudwig.

The lead singer of the band GIRLSCHOOL, She rocks!
do you remember her name?

I was watching a video by Lacuna Coil last night. I think the singer christina Scabbia is pretty good. It's quite interesting actually because i remember their 2004 self titled album was compared a lot with the first Evanescence album when in actual fact they've been doing the whole dark sounding pop metal thing way longer and also unlike Evanescence who's second album sucked imo they're still doing it now.

Nice to see that others appreciate Nina Hagen. She has an amazing voice.

GJS

Yes She has, in addition Her art and outfit to perform videos are great as well. I always remember that polemic song Smack Jack.

Come on, Bob.
In fact, I mentioned Janis Joplin on my post reply #10...I like that song Move over.
Sorry Ian, I missed it, Post # 10 was in the middle of two posts with large Pics. Both were pics of the same band. I guess that I skipped over it.

Back