Drum Studio Project 3.0

Why no updates? Because everything has been bogged down in complex framing and other rather boring construction stuff. And that stuff is taking a long time to work through. But we finally finished the frame and well... you can see the rest here.

this interests me greatly, very inspirational for the future. i love to see diagrams etc.
i hope it is going well! cheers.

Glad to see it is coming along. After seeing all of this (reading the first construction and its demise and now the rebuild), I first thought you were the underdog, now I am not so sure....

Could have told you about that pro-tip on keeping things simple and straightforward ;) Nevertheless a great project! Can't wait to see it finished!

Hey Brundlefly,

Any updats for us? The wait between episodes is torturous.

Best,
R

You folks here have a knack for chiming in just as I'm in middle of writing up the next installment. This time around, we compare two competing hat channel clips, provide the low down on a special drywall product known as Supress, find a valid reason to make the new iPad a part of my studio design and I offer some high level advice on managing the unmanageable: freelance contractors.

Good update Brundle, i'm glad to see everything moving along smoothly!

Aha! I finally managed to get ahead of your requests. The project is gathering steam as it hurdles toward its conclusion. It only took a week to generate enough stuff for a new installment. This time, we follow the installation of hat channels and sound board layer, fiddle about with the control room wall design, polish off a door frame and start in earnest on the ceiling drywall.

Aha! I finally managed to get ahead of your requests. The project is gathering steam as it hurdles toward its conclusion. It only took a week to generate enough stuff for a new installment. This time, we follow the installation of hat channels and sound board layer, fiddle about with the control room wall design, polish off a door frame and start in earnest on the ceiling drywall.

Ok, time for an update. You've got to be damn near finished.

-r

Damned near is right. And I'm damned near finished with what should be the second to last update. Look for that either tomorrow or possibly Friday. The final update will cover sound treatment and setting up my mammoth kit, which should start this weekend.

Back to tuning and polishing my kit for the big weekend!

Hows the studio coming along. I think I speak for most of the community when I say we are anxiously awaiting the final outcome.

Hows the studio coming along. I think I speak for most of the community when I say we are anxiously awaiting the final outcome.

It's essentially done, but there remain a few final touches. And while those are being worked out, I'm working on squeezing my kit into the new space. It's looking like the final update will land this weekend, including a time lapse sequence of my kit being assembled piece by piece.

looking like the final update will land this weekend, including a time lapse sequence of my kit being assembled piece by piece.

Excited for ya, man! Not playing that beautiful kit for so long... it's been what, six or seven months? Agony!

Hold on...

Wait for it...

Ok, GO!

shapeimage_2.png

Back