INTRODUCTIONS: Please Use This Thread To Introduce Yourself!

Well after some time of checking the best forum for drummers i decided to introduce myself.I have no idea why i hesitated so long...

Name :Hampis
Years of drumming : 5 but with a 20 year break between them
Bands i have joined : 5 ( 3 when i was 16 and 2 after the 20 year break)
Accoustic drums : Gretsch catalina club rock in wp 24-10-13-16-18 plus a custom made 8' tom by diamondelectronicdrums ( this is accoustic though..)
E-drums : On it's way Diamond Electronic drums with 2box module
Cymbals : Paiste ( formula 602,signature,2002) Masterwork ( various series mainly Perra)
Kind of music i like and play : Classic Rock
Things you are addicted to : Blonde girls :)

ok that's it for now...

Hello everyone!

Real name? Alessandro (even if I prefer to be called Alex)
Age? 21
Origin of user name? Well, Alex is pretty obvious, NJT means New Jersey Transit (I'm also a railfan)
Your top 5 drummers? John Ferraro, Alan Dawson, Joe Morello, Buddy Rich... and John Ferraro again :)
Make of drumkit? I have a Gretsch Catalina Club Jazz (Satin Natural Finish), I also have my first drumset ever, a Sonor Force 507 but I'm going to sell it soon.
Make of cymbal? Zildjian, Paiste and Soultone.
Are you in a band? Not yet
What style of music? Soul, Blues, Classic Rock and other similar quiet genres
How did you start drumming? Watching to Pink Floyd's gig in London, I was impressed by the drumsets of Nick Mason and Gary Wallis (of course now I prefer to have a smaller set with a good sound rather than a low-level bigger set)

Bass player in a strange world

Hello, drummers. I'm primarily a bass player exploring some unfamiliar territory in the land where people beat things with sticks. I also play guitar and do some home recording.

About a month ago, I started looking for a cheap-@$$ kit for my garage studio for my 7-year-old daughter and me to bang around on. For $200, I picked up a bottom-of-the-barrel PDP kit with Sabian B8s off Craigslist. I know it's a POS, and it sounds pretty bad, but it will get us started. For me, it's mostly to expand my musical experience, and improve my recording and mixing skills. For my daughter, it's turning out to be something that she is taking to quite well. She's very excited to play and practice, and she is picking up new techniques very quickly.

Knowing my tendancies with buying gear, I expect that our cheap kit will not be around for long before it gets upgraded. If my daughter continues to show interest and a willingness to keep improving, I have no problem using that as an excuse to buy a better kit.

Additionally, my own struggles to play simple patterns and fills have given me a new appreciation for the (quite remarkable) skill level of the drummer in my current band.

My garage studio...
DSC_0029.jpg

Maddie rocking along with some Social D...
2012-04-01_13-20-56_62.jpg

Cheers!

Last edited:
Real name? Noah Ice

Age? Seventeen

How long have you been playing? A little over seven; I got my first kit for Christmas in 05'. T'was a five piece Pulse kit with stock cymbals.

Origin of user name? Well there was this one time where I was born, and then my parents named me. Pretty cool story.

Your top 5 drummers? In no particular order, Benny Greb, JoJo Mayer, Mike Johnston, Chris Coleman, Darren King.

Make of drumkit? I currently play a vintage Rogers kit, but just got endorsed by C&C Drum Company so I plan to order a kit from them eventually.

- 68' Rogers Hoilday Londoner V in Blue Onyx. 20"x14" Kick, 16"x16" Floor, 12"x8" Tom
- 65' Ludwig Acrolite Snare 14"x5"
- Pork Pie Little Squealer Vented Snare 13"x7"
- Custom Homebuilt Stave Snare 13"x6.75"

Make of cymbal?

- Meinl 14" Byzance Extra Dry Medium Hats
- Meinl 20" Byzance Extra Dry Thin Crash
- Meinl 20" Byzance Traditional Extra Thin Hammered Crash
- Meinl 22" Byzance Vintage Sand Ride

Where do you practice? I have a room downstairs dedicated to doing music stuff, I keep my kit in there. Though I practice for stuff with others up at my church sometimes.

Are you in a band? Many projects at the moment that cover a wide variety of genres. Jazz Fusion, Christian Rock, Hardcore/Punk. My main band as of now is "Go Forth", which plays Christian camps/conferences.

Do you play covers or originals? "Go Forth" plays both original and covers. My jazz fusion trio very rarely plays covers, usually the form is very loose. This is my "fun experimental" band. The hardcore/punk band also rarely plays covers.

What style of music? Well, I don't limit myself to the genres of my bands. I'll play anything, really.

Favourite take out food? I'll get Panda Express any day. Orange chicken. Goodness, you made me crave it. Thanks a lot. No really, thank you. This is going to be delicious. I also enjoy Chipotle and Chic-Fil-A. Yum. Food.

What country do you live in? I live in the burbs of Chicago Illinois, USA.

One really odd fact about yourself? I enjoy golfing and have done that for longer than I've played drums. However, upon discovering drums, golf became more of a hobby. I try to get out enough to keep it in the 70's, but winter here makes that hard. I also have double jointed thumbs, an obsession with buying drum gear, and a chocolate labrador that I take for runs while out longboarding. Oh, and I'm a woodworker too! I made my longboards, and more recently a custom built snare. My dad owns a door company (Story Door Studio) so I get learned from him. I plan to build a full kit sometime later this year too, or at least the shells for one. Hardware is expensive.

How did you start drumming? I have no recollection of begging for a kit from my rents, but my parents said I begged for a couple years. They supported me and got me my first kit, which I did all sorts of things to to make it not look like a beginner kit until eventually selling it to help pay for my 16th birthday present, which is my Rogers kit. Luckily, I kept the 13" Tom, which is now part of a light fixture in my music room.

Glad to be here! Thanks!

Noah Ice

Last edited:
Real name? Eric F

Age? 43

How long have you been playing? About 1 month

Origin of user name? Hmmm...It just kinda came to me.

Your top 5 drummers? Jason McGerr, Dave Grohl, Zigaboo Modeliste, JoJo Mayer, Stewart Copeland

Make of drumkit? PDP plastic buckets

Make of cymbal? Sabian trash can lids

Where do you practice? Garage recording studio

Are you in a band? Yes (as a bass player)

Do you play covers or originals? Both

What style of music? Rock, blues, country

Favourite take out food? Mexican...or sushi...or pizza...

What country do you live in? US

One really odd fact about yourself? I raced bicycles until 2004 and won a State Champinship title.

How did you start drumming? My 7-year-old daughter would sit on the floor with pillows around her and pretend to play along with the music she was listening to. Pretty quickly, I realized that she might take to the real thing pretty well. For her, a real kit and learning some proper techniques has been the greatest thing ever, and I hope she sticks with it. For me, it's about expanding my experiences and skills as a musician.

Last edited:
Hi, i am Adrian, 50 years old, playing since i was 14 (Learnt the piano before that). I used to play real loud and hard and had a spiky haircut the combination of the noise and the hair got me a sonic the hedgehog nick which stuck even though my playing is now much more subtle and I have much less hair!

I love the playing of omar hakim, Taylor Hawkins, dave grohl, Jon bonham and Chester thompson.

I play a 1990's 6 piece yamaha maple custom drumkit with a pearl custom alloy brass snare with zildjan custom a cymbals and paiste sound edge hats. I also play on a Roland td20 electronic kit mostly for practise

I practise at home on my electronic kit and in rooms with my band on my acoustic kit.

I am in 2 bands, one pop/ wedding music, one indie rock, mostly covers some original tunes

Oh, I love curry, I live in England and I started playing on biscuit tins with wooden spoons!

Hi, i am Adrian, 50 years old, playing since i was 14 (Learnt the piano before that). I used to play real loud and hard and had a spiky haircut the combination of the noise and the hair got me a sonic the hedgehog nick which stuck even though my playing is now much more subtle and I have much less hair!

I love the playing of omar hakim, Taylor Hawkins, dave grohl, Jon bonham and Chester thompson.

I play a 1990's 6 piece yamaha maple custom drumkit with a pearl custom alloy brass snare with zildjan custom a cymbals and paiste sound edge hats. I also play on a Roland td20 electronic kit mostly for practise

I practise at home on my electronic kit and in rooms with my band on my acoustic kit.

I am in 2 bands, one pop/ wedding music, one indie rock, mostly covers some original tunes

Oh, I love curry, I live in England and I started playing on biscuit tins with wooden spoons!
Good intro, & a big welcome to the forum :) Where abouts in England are you based?

hello my name is tom im from boston area.im 46 and play in a blacksabbath tribute band.We are called ELECTRIC FUNERAL....soon to have some promo material to show.been playing since seven.got a ludwig standard kit 1970 bronze strata finish. love music!!! drums.

Real name?
Benjamin

Age?

How long have you been playing?
about to start...

Origin of user name?
Dunno lol

Your top 5 drummers?
  1. Joey Jordison
  2. Dave Grohl

Make of drumkit?
Don't have one yet

Make of cymbal?

Where do you practice?
I don't!

Are you in a band?
No

Do you play covers or originals?
None of both.

What style of music?
Thrash metal, Nu Metal, Metalcore, deathcore, alternative rock.

Favourite take out food?
Pizza

What country do you live in?
Serbia

One really odd fact about yourself?
I'm always late

How did you start drumming?
I'm about to start because a friend of mine inspired me to do so.

Re: Hey everyone, just joined!

14x7 black panther...

Nice Gear!

Dave Lombardo, Nicko McBrain, Pete Sandoval, and "Frost" are some of my favorite metal drummers.

As far as this "djent" style, maybe I stopped figuring on labels, or paying attention since , "THe Bleeding," but what characterizes it?

Bands to give me a good example?

Nice to meet you, I want your Dave Weckl Splashes!

New here

Hi all,

Ive posted a bit to get some information about drums, but i have not formally introduced myself.

I'm 27 from Boston and have been interested in learning how to play drums for years. I have played guitar for about 13 years, and have just started drum lessons once a week. Bought a Sonor 3007 kit recently, Pearl 900 series hardware, and Zildjian Avedis cymbal. Looking to get back into a band playing guitar, while learning drums on the side. I play mostly country, and some 90s rock.

Real name?-Micah Kengle

Age?-37

How long have you been playing?-20+ years

Origin of user name?-DRUM4THE1...Drumming For Jesus Christ!!!!!!!!!

Your top 5 drummers?-Robert Sweet, Matt Greiner, Mike Portnoy, Ted Kirkpatrick, Ginger Baker

Make of drum kit?-Pearl Export and Gretsch Catalina Club

Make of cymbals?-Istanbul Mehmet

Where do you practice?-Wherever I can

Are you in a band?-Not currently

Do you play covers or originals?-Both but I feel more comfortable with originals

What style of music?-It used to be anything but country. Now I try not to limit my scope of playing.

Favorite take out food?-Carl's Jr.

What country do you live in?-The US of A

One really odd fact about yourself?-I sometimes start watching zit popping vids on Youtube and can't stop...

How did you start drumming?-I was in a church one Sunday and the guitar player approached my and said he needed a drummer. I had absolutely no idea what to do. He sat me down and said, "count to four...kick is on 1 and 3, snare is on 2 and 4. Hi hat is every count." That was 20+ years ago and I'm still learning.

Real name?-Maurizio Giudici

Age?-38

How long have you been playing?- Lot of time

Origin of user name?- Mix of my son's name

Your top 5 drummers?-Dave Weckl, Virgil Donati, Simon Phillips, Jeff Porcaro,and many others !!

Make of drum kit?-Old Ludwig Kit

Make of cymbals?-sabian, paiste

Where do you practice?- Garage

Are you in a band?-Not currently

Do you play covers or originals?-

What style of music?- I like open my mind to a lot of kind of music

What country do you live in?-Switzerland

How did you start drumming?-I ever love music, especially drums.

Re: New here

Indeed, welcome to Drummerworld. Now, down to the business "at hand". Pictures of your drum kit! We like eye candy.​

Re: New here

Welcome to the madness :)

Back