Is it possible to not get logged out so soon????

W

wy yung

Hi guys.
I came in before and there were 4 pages of new posts. I answered one question. While doing so I was automatically logged out. Now there are 4 new posts.

I have been an administrator of a huge site in the past, over 6 million hits per month, and I simply do not understand this short cut off period. All it does is frustrate me. And I am sure others as well. It is just silly and pointless if it drives people away.

Thanks.

Hmm...I don't have this problem at all. I've been signed in for the last...I don't know....maybe 6 months straight!?!?! I sometimes fear that I'll forget my password, and I'll have to start out with 0 posts all over again. (I'll attain "Karl Member" status someday, just you wait!...)

Since you have worked on websites, I'm sure it's probably not your "cookie" setting for your browser. I would recommend checking that to a noob, but that doesn't sound like you in the least...

Hmm...I don't have this problem at all. I've been signed in for the last...I don't know....maybe 6 months straight!?!?! I sometimes fear that I'll forget my password, and I'll have to start out with 0 posts all over again. (I'll attain "Karl Member" status someday, just you wait!...)

Since you have worked on websites, I'm sure it's probably not your "cookie" setting for your browser. I would recommend checking that to a noob, but that doesn't sound like you in the least...

I am always on different pc's. If at my end, I will check it.

When logging in, click the "Remember Me" box. That will keep you logged in. Like Caddy, I have been logged in on 2 computers for months. Every time I come to the page, I am still logged in.

Yea I've never had to log in again since I first joined, maybe 6 months ago, unless I went on another computer of course.

When logging in, click the "Remember Me" box. That will keep you logged in. Like Caddy, I have been logged in on 2 computers for months. Every time I come to the page, I am still logged in.

Will do. Cheers.

Back